“Great location and great for family with children”

Segara Village Hotel
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Sydney-AU
“Great location and great for family with children”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

First time in bali and the segara is amazing very relaxing environment. Great place to stay with children. Handy location as markets are just a few minutes walk. Beach is accessible as you walk out from hotel and you can dine on the beach as segara has its own designated area. Will be back next year for sure and 1 week goes very quick.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank moonies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Segara Village is wonderful, we will be back as soon as work commitments permit. On arrival we were upgraded to room 222 in a complex of three, which was situated behind the temple it was peaceful and secluded, the rooms next to us were empty so it was perfect for our wedding anniversary. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was large and comfortable. Thank you to all the staff, everyone was polite and happy, a special thank you to Kadek Supriadi and Priantini (lady in green) and Agung for all your help (sorry about locking ourselves out of our room on several occasions) and for your insight into Balinese life and culture. Each person has such an easy going nature and took the time to have a chat and a laugh, we learn so much when we speak to the people that surround us. We can't wait to come back the beautiful gardens, the marvelous pools and above all the great staff. See you soon! I almost forgot to mention the Segara Spa the ladies there are also fantastic, great value will be back for more massages and mani/pedi thanks! Kerry and Sian O'Dwyer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My last days in Saur were really wonderful. The resort called Segara Village was an amazing example of Balinese ingenuity and business acumen. An original one in the area, founded by a Datuk Brahmin and his wife, taken over by Indonesian government when got profitable and then handed back when politics changed and then turned into this fabulous place - it is exquisitely set among mature gardens with so many lovely pools and ponds, subtle lighting at night create a fairy land where the multitides of statuary take on life and the mysterious temples exude their spirit inhabitants. I was there during two festivals and witnessed local people still treating the resort as a village and paying homage with the aged founder at each of the shrines and idols. I went for a walk down the sandy path that takes you kilometres along the foreshore without having to dodge cars and scooters - wonderful location! Lots of eateries and little shops. best of all was the high rise resort a little way from Segara where a wedding was in progress with 58 couples from China and a presiding catholic priest - all married as Catholics and they wouldn't even know. It was paid for in total by the company. Wow, repaying loyalty or earning it? I stayed 3 hours mesmerised by the drama of it all. Now the rooms are many and varied. I have to say after previous resorts, they were a little tired and smallish. Mine was an upstairs bungalow but the outside living area was downstairs which I then never used. Upstairs was like a hothouse surrounded by glass windows and curtains that do not block out the bright night lighting. I hate aircon and they kindly gave me a fan to not suffocate as it is really hot here after Ubud and mozzie kill you if you leave the door open - no there are no screened windows - nowhere in Bali did I find screened windows I could open at night as there are cooling breezes. Aircons are horrid noisy and waste of power. Jakarta decided to spring on us a blackout for power saving - this forced me out and what a wonder to behold! Great urns lit with gas flames and all sorts of features that makes this into a wonderland. I walked on down to the beach and witnessed a stange event with dozens of heads bobbing in the water - local Balinese taking a cure and ridding themselves of negative energy as fitting the mystical significance of the day. The group was a cult like presence among the many new age and ancient Balinese mysticism blends that can be found - at least it was not founded by a foreign person claiming to be a Balinese shaman. There are many weird and wonderful people and ideas from all over the world abounding within these shores and Sanur no less. The founder and his family reside next to the bungalow I chose so I could witness local life at close range. Many of his also aged workers still work at this resort and their presence is positively wonderful as you can see how loyal he is to them and they to him. They were particularly kind to me and I found the older people working in the industry a reminder of an age now long gone when Bali was truly a Paradise. Thanks for the owner for keeping them on.

Room Tip: There are 5 categories of rooms - the cottages are a bit musty and the bungalows a bit hot. Choose d...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NibbanAh
Adelaide
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My wife and I stayed with our daughters and partners. We stayed a year ago and the resort continues to improve. Our family could not believe the magnificent gardens and facilities. Our rooms were great, the food and drinks and entertainment of a very high standard. The GSA team did everything to make our stay memorable. They were magnificent. We recommend this beach front resort to you all if you want to relax, be pampered and entertained. Most of all was the staff and Segara from the GSA Team, Spa ladies, Cooks and waiting staff and a special mention to the gardeners, pool and beach staff. We cannot wait to go again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of Balinese style one or two story. You may request lower level of necessary.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian B
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My Mum and I just stayed for 6 nights at Segara Village and it was really lovely. The only let down was the room which smelt of mould/damp (although it was very clean) and it was a bit tired and in need of a makeover. But that was pretty much the only let down. The staff were all very friendly, there was always something happening in the evenings, the cocktails were very tasty and relaxing in the birdhouse bar overlooking the beach was blissful. The staff even ordered me soy milk in specially which I really appreciated (can't live without my coffee in the morning). The grounds and gardens are absolutely gorgeous and the pools, well, take your pick depending on your mood. This place has everything, it's on the beach, there are markets right next door, Sanur main street is a short walk and there's a good mix of shops. The beach is wonderful, the water warm, and the waves minimal as there's a reef break. You can have massages in the Hotel Spa or cheap and cheerful ones on the beach in front of the hotel. Also, the Japanese Restaurant (which is not actually part of the hotel) is excellent! It's quiet which is great but also a little worrying for the locals (they need the tourism). I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone who wants to find the perfect balance in Bali of beach front accommodation, great beach, plenty of water activities/sports, good shopping and a quieter atmosphere. This was my third time to Bali and I wish I'd discovered it earlier. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Having been to Bali several times on the east side, Tuban, Legian, Kuta area we thought we would try the Sanur area, we chose Segara village. The last hotel we were at was the Padma and I must say I think we were spoiled because this hotel showed a lot less class, lovely grounds but nothing to do, staff we found unfriendly and let you go under your own steam they went through their duties like it was a big chore. Breakfast was not all that good, coffee was undrinkable, very little choice of selection. Entertainment was zero. Maybe it was just the time of year and we were unlucky.
Plus side room was nice, private beach, plenty of places around to eat good quality food. Probably give Sanur an other go at different time of year.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here for ten days and it couldn't have been nicer. I would come back any day and I hope I can soon. The pool is fantastic - big enough for laps and it is a beautiful setting right on the beach. Food excellent, staff lovely in the way that only the Balinese can be, gentle, friendly and eternally helpful and special thanks to Ketut Suryati the guest liason officer who arranged for a complimentary extended check out on our last day, making the trip to the airport for our flight home that much easier. I really loved the design of this place, everything in symmetry and the rooms are clean, modern and up to date. Fabulous breakfasts - just ask for fresh juice and it arrives on a tropical breeze of warm, wonderful service accompanied with a Balinese smile. Ketut even arranged a Balinese cooking lesson for us, with recipes we can take home to try ourselves - with luck!! A great base to explore Bali from - we'll be back.

Room Tip: They're all nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends