Segara Village Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,431 results
All reviewsjacuzzi barbeach frontfamily bungalowbungalow roomour honeymoonmain poolhotel groundswater featuresbeach pathrelaxing holidaybeautiful resortday bedbuffet breakfastnusa duasun loungersprivate poolsanur area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I and our little toddler stayed here for 4 nights and we loved it. We stayed in segara village two and the service was phenomenal (thanks to Ketut); they absolutely pampered our little girl and she felt so important and confident staying here. The gardens are amazing and totally set you on island mode...you won't want to leave. The location was great and sitting right on the Sanur beach front path was ideal as we strolled to the restaurants each night and did not encounter one disrespectful bogan. I hope we return next time we are in BALI.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ben G
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We've just returned from a 2 week stay in Bali, 10 nights being spent at the Segara village.Check in process was welcoming and smooth but the first impression of our room was not too good-it looked badly in need of a coat of paint and the floor tiles were very badly stained. Otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable, if a little dark. Not being people who spend much time in our room anyway,we left it at that and went out to explore. The gardens of the hotel are an absolute delight, with lots of nooks and crannies to explore and the staff were absolutely wonderful, always smiling and always ready to have a chat and appeared totally genuine in any interactions we had with them which we found a refreshing change from other parts of south east asia we have travelled to where you get a more polished but not always a genuine interest-I loved the spontenaity and inquisitiveness of the Balinese people.
The main pool was very odd i thought,I had seen pictures of it before we travelled, but I didn't realise all the sunbeds were actually in the water,which I found to be totally impractical (not every bed had a table between them either). The little pool was absolutely beautiful, but it was towels at dawn to get a place there as ther were only 5 pairs of beds around it, which I think was the right number.
We were on a room only basis but tried breakfast on our first morning and weren't impressed, we spent the rest of our stay having breakfast at Luhtus a few yards down the beach path, which was fab.
We ate lunch several times at the hotel and ate there once for dinner which was fine, both the standard of the food and the prices were very good.I particularly loved the music playing around the beachfront of the hotel-think Cafe del Mar-it added a lovely ambience to the whole area.
I found the beach to be very interesting with a good number of sunbeds,mostly placed under the trees,it was lovely to pop down early in the morning and see the Balinese people enjoying themselves.The beach is hardly picture postcard stuff, but we didn't expect anything else.
We had planned to spend 4 days in Ubud in the middle of our holiday and on our return our bed was unmade and the air conditioning turned off, which we thought was odd as we'd informed the reception when we would be returning. The following day, a note was left in our room asking us to go and see the manager. When we went to enquire, we were told that he was at lunch and to call back a couple of hours later. When we did, he approached us very seriously and stated that we should have had an upgrade (we travelled with Kuoini),but that one hadn't been available until the day before. We had no idea what was going on, but he took us to a room in the Segara Village 2 to look at, which we accepted immediately. The room there was far far better than our original room and the pool was beautiful but unfortunately, all the sunbeds would be taken by 5.30am (I'm always up and about early in the morning and was absolutely amazed at this,the same people had the same sunbeds every day too, which really makes me mad).As lovely as the area was around the Segara Village 2 was though, it was completely devoid of any life or personality,for me anyway,so we didn't spend much time there, even though we met a lovely family,we found it quite oppressive.
I used the spa at the hotel once during my stay, I had a pedicure, which was great and a manicure where the therapist cut the skin around my nail quite badly which bled considerably and was quite painful so I didn't repeat the experience.
The hotel would have various entertainment at the Beachside in the evenings but we didn't really listen to any of it as we usually ate elsewhere. There appeared to be lots of activities for little ones, a good library and tennis courts.
But.....would I stay there again?, I really don't know, I think I'd look at other options first. We loved Bali but the jury is out on the Segara village.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livvyWales
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel earlier this month and had the most fantastic time.
When we arrived at the reception we were greeted with beautiful friendly smiles and a big "welcome home". We immediately felt relaxed.
The rooms are lovely and clean, quiet and spacious with a great bathroom.
You even find animals made with a towel placed on your bed each morning - very clever.
There are 2 main pools, the largest pool is on the beach side so you can swim whilst looking at the ocean too. All are sparkling clean and just the right temperature.
Beautiful traditional gardens are everywhere bringing the spirit of Bali to the hotel.
Breakfast was included and every day there was a good variety of foods to choose from.
We ate at the bar restaurant quite a lot, the food and service was excellent.
Complimentary afternoon tea was served daily which gave us the opportunity to meet the 2 lovely ladies who are Guest Relation Officers, they are very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
We upgraded to a Segara Club Room - cocktails, spirits, beer and canapes between 5 and 7pm are complimentary in this package.
Pre dinner drinks on the deck gazing out at the ocean as the sun starts to set - fantastic!
All of the staff are so obliging and friendly with the biggest smiles, absolutely beautiful people.
Definitely going back next year ..........................

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

5 star value. A wonderful older style hotel reminiscent of Bali from years ago, with enough modern facilities to suit all. We thoroughly enjoyed our 8 nights at Segara and went home planning our return. Beautiful gardens set the atmosphere and the smiling staff keep it going. Nothing is too much trouble and all queries dealt with promptly. The garden pools are little oases and the beach pool has a more vibrant feel. The loungers sitting in the wet edge of the pool are great and the lounge settings under the palms mean there is plenty of shade when the sun gets too much. Lazy lunches on the terrace of the restaurant were delightful and the mie goreng a favourite. Our bungalow room came with a private courtyard where we lazed with our pre dinner drink and the super king size bed was fantastic. Only downside wifi only available outside in the courtyard and the bathroom, while fantastically clean, really needs a complete redo - refurbishments have been made, just not up to scratch.

Overall, fantastic, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Have just spent two weeks here, and after having quite a stressful year at work, found it was the perfect place to chill out and relax. The grounds are beautiful, the room we had was perfect for our needs, and the staff are lovely and friendly. Everyone has a smile on their face, and who can blame them!

Would love to come back - didn't actually want to leave!

Only little niggle, - not enough sun beds!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends