“Luxury and a Welcome Respite”

Segara Village Hotel
Ranked #15 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We switched to this hotel after a poor experience at a nearby one. had we not been recovering from a more negative experience, we probably would have balked at the price. Outside of that one downside, the hotel was pretty perfect. Our room was like a treehouse with banks windows on three sides. Although snug, space was well-used and the mattresses were fantastic. We loved spending time in the infinity pool and pool bar. Breakfast was a massive buffet, although the food there looked better than it tasted. Access to the beach was great. Service was incredible. Loved it.

Room Tip: Aim for upstairs!
1  Thank Kate W

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a wonderful time here, such a great location and friendly, helpful staff. We were upgraded to a lovely upstairs room with great views and a sun lit bathroom.
The gardens are beautiful but mind the little frogs when walking at night, I used the light in my phone so nothing was squashed!
The breakfast food is good but it would be nice if there was a non smoking outdoor area. I really didn't want to have to sit inside at such a lovely place.
Also some more shade around the main pool would be great. There is a smaller pool, but the sunbeds all seem to be reserved by peoples towels quite early. A little annoying really.
But that hasn't put me off as we have booked again for New Year.

Room Tip: Up stairs rooms are beautiful and the newer room which I think are the villas. Lighter, bigger and b...
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 week and we all absolutely loved it. The staff were fantastic and we loved exploring Sanur. Only negative aspect was that some of the ladies from the market can be very pushy as you walk along the boardwalk but you learn to cope with it. Would love to go back one day.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this hotel I would recommend in a seconde. It's nice, clean, spacious, beautiful gardens, good breakfast, nice location, quite but enough to do, on the beach, nice and helpfull staff, great pools and big and clean rooms. Next door are some nice retaurants, although you can eat pretty good at the hotel itself. Enough shopping around and it has a great spa. If I would come to Bali again I would def. consider coming here. I enjoyed Sanur too. I've stayed in Seminyak once, but I like the peace and quite that this hotel and Sanur offer. After a day out in the crazyness it's a nice to come back here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miss B
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Great place with friendly staff. We stayed here as friends were getting married at a villa not far from the hotel, which is almost a resort. The beach is at the front of the hotel and there is an infinity pool looking out to it. It has a restaurant and café attatched. Basically everything is not far from the door of your room. Not sure what other rooms are like but we had one upstairs with an alcove/sitting area underneath. The room all opens up with views of the immaculate gardens below.
The staff were all great help and friendly. Would love to stay here again next time we visit the underrated Sanur.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I and our little toddler stayed here for 4 nights and we loved it. We stayed in segara village two and the service was phenomenal (thanks to Ketut); they absolutely pampered our little girl and she felt so important and confident staying here. The gardens are amazing and totally set you on island mode...you won't want to leave. The location was great and sitting right on the Sanur beach front path was ideal as we strolled to the restaurants each night and did not encounter one disrespectful bogan. I hope we return next time we are in BALI.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ben G
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We've just returned from a 2 week stay in Bali, 10 nights being spent at the Segara village.Check in process was welcoming and smooth but the first impression of our room was not too good-it looked badly in need of a coat of paint and the floor tiles were very badly stained. Otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable, if a little dark. Not being people who spend much time in our room anyway,we left it at that and went out to explore. The gardens of the hotel are an absolute delight, with lots of nooks and crannies to explore and the staff were absolutely wonderful, always smiling and always ready to have a chat and appeared totally genuine in any interactions we had with them which we found a refreshing change from other parts of south east asia we have travelled to where you get a more polished but not always a genuine interest-I loved the spontenaity and inquisitiveness of the Balinese people.
The main pool was very odd i thought,I had seen pictures of it before we travelled, but I didn't realise all the sunbeds were actually in the water,which I found to be totally impractical (not every bed had a table between them either). The little pool was absolutely beautiful, but it was towels at dawn to get a place there as ther were only 5 pairs of beds around it, which I think was the right number.
We were on a room only basis but tried breakfast on our first morning and weren't impressed, we spent the rest of our stay having breakfast at Luhtus a few yards down the beach path, which was fab.
We ate lunch several times at the hotel and ate there once for dinner which was fine, both the standard of the food and the prices were very good.I particularly loved the music playing around the beachfront of the hotel-think Cafe del Mar-it added a lovely ambience to the whole area.
I found the beach to be very interesting with a good number of sunbeds,mostly placed under the trees,it was lovely to pop down early in the morning and see the Balinese people enjoying themselves.The beach is hardly picture postcard stuff, but we didn't expect anything else.
We had planned to spend 4 days in Ubud in the middle of our holiday and on our return our bed was unmade and the air conditioning turned off, which we thought was odd as we'd informed the reception when we would be returning. The following day, a note was left in our room asking us to go and see the manager. When we went to enquire, we were told that he was at lunch and to call back a couple of hours later. When we did, he approached us very seriously and stated that we should have had an upgrade (we travelled with Kuoini),but that one hadn't been available until the day before. We had no idea what was going on, but he took us to a room in the Segara Village 2 to look at, which we accepted immediately. The room there was far far better than our original room and the pool was beautiful but unfortunately, all the sunbeds would be taken by 5.30am (I'm always up and about early in the morning and was absolutely amazed at this,the same people had the same sunbeds every day too, which really makes me mad).As lovely as the area was around the Segara Village 2 was though, it was completely devoid of any life or personality,for me anyway,so we didn't spend much time there, even though we met a lovely family,we found it quite oppressive.
I used the spa at the hotel once during my stay, I had a pedicure, which was great and a manicure where the therapist cut the skin around my nail quite badly which bled considerably and was quite painful so I didn't repeat the experience.
The hotel would have various entertainment at the Beachside in the evenings but we didn't really listen to any of it as we usually ate elsewhere. There appeared to be lots of activities for little ones, a good library and tennis courts.
But.....would I stay there again?, I really don't know, I think I'd look at other options first. We loved Bali but the jury is out on the Segara village.

1  Thank livvyWales