“A lovely day!”

Sanur Jewellery Studio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the brightest, creative space on the island. Our air-conditioned high ceiling studio, in an amazing banana plantation and bouganvillea gardens, is the perfect place to let your inspiration run free. Choose from half day or full day classes (3 or 6 hours), to make a ring, a pendant, earrings or a bracelet of your own design, in silver. (included in price) If you would like to do a longer course or a 2 day gemstone setting workshop, or even a 5 day Crash Course, check out our website. We tailor programs. Our classes are taught in English by Western jewelers and assisted by Iwan and Made. Ketut will keep you well fed with our amazing healthy vegetarian lunches of fresh quiches and pasta salads, rucola and pear, pumpkin and fetta, zucchini and baked tomato ragout and naughty carrot cake and mudslide for dessert. Learn simple silver-smithing techniques; annealing, soldering, filing and sawing. No previous experience is necessary. It's a whole lot of fun and surrounded by beauty!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spend a most enjoyable day with Ness and Selenia at the studio at the "Taster" class. The studio was spacious and light, surrounded by lovely gardens. We've done jewelry making before, but never learned the process so well as Ness and Selenia explained each step and the history of Balinese silversmithing. We made beautiful, one-of-a-kind rings and had such fun in the process. Not to mention the delicious lunch. A lovely experience!

Jolene Baney

in 9 reviews
"inspiration"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a suprise for my girlfriends birthday I booked a full day of jewellery making including a delicious lunch. I had some special requests because my girlfriend likes turquoise and i wanted to make a ring with a turquoise stone. Ness and Nini were very helpfull and we planned a really nice day. On the day itself we learned a lot and had a great time. The location is really beautiful (a bit hard to find). We made two amazing rings in just one day. Because there was some finishing to do on the rings Nini brought the rings the next day to our hotel. That's what i call great service! The price was really good for what we got and my girlfriend was really happy :)

We had a really good experience... Thank you!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I saw the advertisement for Sanur Jewellery Studio in the local paper and emailed to check about classes. Ness replied promptly. I attended a taster day with Nini and being a total novice with no knowledge of silver, metals, pliers or otherwise I didn't know what to expect. Nini helped me decide on a design and showed me through the different tools and equipment. I came home with a pendant that I love! The studio is lovely and bright and welcoming. The atmosphere is relaxed and Nini and Ness really know what they are doing. I can't wait for my beginners class this week. I wish I was staying in Bali longer! (Lunch was great)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have been going to Bali for 10 years and decided to do something different and not touristy.
My daughter, 14 and i decided to give this a go. Neither of us are real creative, but love silver jewellery!!
Ness and Nini welcomed us with open arms and it felt like were greeting old friends.
It took us a while to get half creative, but thank goodness Nini gave us a friendly push. My daughter was thrilled with her elephant pendant and is enthused to do more. I also made a pendant with my children's first initial on it.
The lunch was beautiful and so was the conversation, as we had lots in common. the day went really quickly
i would certainly recommend doing a day or 2 with the ladies, to have some fun and find your creativity or to get more serious about your passion for jewellery.