Please note that this is a review for two of the more modestly priced rooms (numbers 108 and 111). I realize that the more expensive rooms are more recently renovated and therefore may be better. There seem to be two standards in this hotel, and this may explain the very contradictory reviews.
Let me start with the positive: The garden is gorgeous and well tended. Very convenient 24/7 free internet access everywhere in the hotel. The lady that runs the restaurant and her son will greet you with a refreshing juice when you arrive. Young coconut served free on my porch was greatly appreciated. All the staff were polite, discrete and friendly. A nice fish pond. There is a supermarket literally next door, and an ATM at the corner with Jl Danau Tamblingan (where you will find all the great restaurants and bars) which still has cash when all the ATMs at Hardy's have run out.
And now the negative: Standard rooms are definitely not good value. Both rooms I stayed in were very dark. The bathrooms are very old and tatty, and not very clean (rust, insects, dead and alive, and gecko feces everywhere). The towels and sheets are old and stained. The bathroom amenities did not look enticing enough to use (the shower gel even had a dead insect in it). No safe or fridge in the room. The first room I stayed in (108) had cockroaches in the bathroom, most of the lights didn't work, and the bath tub and toilet were clogged. So I requested to change rooms (at 2am in the morning!), which, to their credit, happened immediately, and then settled in n. 111 which was considerably better. Be prepared to make friends with lots of geckos.
The sun-bed mattresses were old and torn. The hotel does not offer transportation (I asked them for airport transport when I made the booking but never received a confirmation so I just used the airport taxi) but they can call you a taxi which comes almost immediately. The restaurant is nothing special (in fact, when I ordered the american breakfast at 10am it was obvious that the egg and bacon were cooked earlier in the morning), but everything is very well priced.
Also, the hotel is close to a busy street and some clubs that play really loud music at night, but this can be either negative or positive depending on how you look at it and what you are looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sukun Bali Cottages strategically located in Sanur, one of the most well known as tourist destination in Bali. 5 minutes walk to the famous beach of Sanur Beach, short distances walk to the international cuisines restaurants, 15 minutes from and to the airport and an easy access from and to other tourist destinations such as Ubud, Sukawati, Nusa Dua and Kuta.The 22 rooms divided into 12 cottages are lies on 5,000 m2 of land with a lush tropical garden surrounding the cottages. Nicely designed swimming pool on centre of the cottages, Wi-fi connection thru surrounding area and many more facilities to satisfy our ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Sukun Bali Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukun Bali Cottages Hotel Sanur
- Sukun Bali Cottages Sanur