A few travel tips before the Hotel.
1. We flew with Singapore Airlines. Having flown through the Far East before I was aware of a shower facility in the Airports there. Take it. each of the Terminals has it and it cost £4 for a shower with Towel and Shampoo. There are also hair dryers to use. It refreshed us after our 12 hour London flight before the short hop to Bali.
2. Be very careful changing your money. Only use official ones. I used one thinking he was official and he was not. He tried to palm some of my money. The thing is I knew he was going to do it, watched him and still did not see him do it. He only produced "the missing money" when I expressed my upset (read that what you wish).
3. There is a $25 arrival fee and also a $25 exit fee. Our booking agent told us about the arrival but not the exit. The arrival you pay in dollars, but the exit in Indonesian Rupees. You can pay in Pounds or Dollars but believe me you get well and truly stung on the exchange rate.We had spent all our Rupees up and so paid in Pounds. It cost £23 each (work it out).
Now on to the Hotel.
I had arranged in advance top be picked up at The Hotel. They charged us a flat fee of $15 each way. From the time the guy found us he took our cases and then carried them to our room when we got there. Out of interest I asked a Cab in Sanur the cost and he said $12-15 dollars depending if you want to use the freeway or not, so it would of cost the same.
Arriving at the Hotel the Reception was busy with people preparing for a big festival. everybody stopped to say hello and the Receptionist, dressed in full traditional costume, checked us in and took us to our room.
I have to say i do not know what type of room I booked, but it was lovely. A large King size bed with superb air conditioning. Lots of cupboard space, a fridge and a large flat screen TV.
The toilets and showers were outside. Now don`t stop reading here. They were not just a pipe coming out of the wall. They were in a garden with plants and flowers. we had 2 and one of them had a large bath as well. No problems with hot water and the wall at the back stopped anybody looking if, if you were worried about that.
There was a nice sized pool and it seemed that most of the time we were the only people sitting around it. I do have to say that perhaps some of the mattresses were a bit tired, but the entire pool scenario was excellent.
We had breakfast included which gave you a choice of 3. Indonesian, American or European with Fruit Juices and Tea/Coffee.
You have to understand that you really are staying down the bottom end of the market. If you want to get luxury then there are hundreds of Hotels all along the beach that charge 3/4 times as much. It all depend what you are looking for. That said we met friends over there who were staying in one of those Hotels. We looked at each others Hotels and rooms and agreed that we had got the best deal. There`s was soul less. It was like being on a package holiday in one of those massive complexes that have sprung up around the World. Ours had the personal touch and nothing was too much. On the Saturday morning the Hotel owner`s wife and children came in to the pool for a swim first thing in the morning. It turns out they lived in the house opposite. When my wife and I appeared they politely moved their towels off the beds, putting them on the floor so we could have the beds. They also took the trouble to chat to us and ask if we were enjoying our holiday and where were we from?
The Hotel is set in lush tropical grounds and even though it is close to a road it was very peaceful.
The beach is about a 300 yard walk. Out the Hotel, turn left. 20 Yards. Turn right. Just keep going and you arrive at the beach.
To sum up.
For what we paid (between me and the Hotel) we had a fantastic time. We will return to Bali and most definitely look forward to returning to this Hotel.
Thank you to all the staff and especially the Manager who always replied to my emails within the hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sukun Bali Cottages strategically located in Sanur, one of the most well known as tourist destination in Bali. 5 minutes walk to the famous beach of Sanur Beach, short distances walk to the international cuisines restaurants, 15 minutes from and to the airport and an easy access from and to other tourist destinations such as Ubud, Sukawati, Nusa Dua and Kuta.The 22 rooms divided into 12 cottages are lies on 5,000 m2 of land with a lush tropical garden surrounding the cottages. Nicely designed swimming pool on centre of the cottages, Wi-fi connection thru surrounding area and many more facilities to satisfy our ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sukun Bali Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukun Bali Cottages Hotel Sanur
- Sukun Bali Cottages Sanur