“Fantastic”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa K
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice enough but wouldn’t stay again”
Reviewed 9 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The villa looked exactly as it did in the pictures which was good however it had obviously been thrown together as there were dodgy tap fittings, PowerPoints, paint job and the most uncomfortable beds.

Pros:
The Australian owner was very helpful before we left
Safe available
Wifi was good
Phone available in villa and could be used out of villa also
Clean but small plunge pool
Block out blinds
Within 10 minutes walk to main street

Cons:
30 minutes walk to beach not 10
Uncomfortable beds
Staff were never available when you called them- for this reason we used other drivers plus they wanted 200,000 more for a day driver than other drivers
Booklet said food could be ordered on site but staff never answered so we couldn’t take advantage of this
Sewerage smell in courtyard
Major ant problem around pool
Villa was cleaned most days but no communication as to when/time
One day we got back late afternoon and there was a man sitting on the deck. He claimed he was cleaning the pool but left quite quickly after we got there. Again no communication.

The villa was nice enough but for the price and what you get, we wouldn’t stay again..

31 Jan 2018
Well first up, I gave a good review for this guest even though I had never met her (just to be nice}, so I regret that. I don't know what planet she is from re power points and tap fittings as they are similar or better than other villas we have stayed in Bali and never had that complaint.
30 minutes walk to beach, easily answered, google maps actually indicate 12 minutes from villa to Sand Beach Bar which is probably not the closest beach, my experience is that Google maps is a fairly lazy walk so my guess is Lisa is walking to a beach a lot further away (her choice) or possibly walks on her hands but I stand by google maps.
We have NEVER had a complaint about the king size beds and as my wife and I both have bad backs we would be the first to complain. We and other guests find them very comfy and actually our manager found Lisa very demanding as she slept in every bed and insisted the bed linen was washed every day which is a bit over the top, so she created extra work and only paid for 1 bedroom, this would probably explain our manager not being too contactable but she serviced the villa every day except Sunday, being her day off.
The pool service man does come at least twice a week and doesn't speak english but is very polite like most Balinese, so maybe we need one that speaks 10 languages or more to cater for people from everywhere around the world.
And now the ants, we have seen them while swimming in the pool and find them amusing (they are about 2 millimetres long), again never had a complaint about them. Sewerage smell, I don't know what thats about but it was wet season so maybe wet around the garden.
As future guests can see, we get great reviews about our manager and her husband being really friendly and efficient. Due to the volcano and not many tourists day drivers are very competitive and as always in Bali, negotiate.
Again, her review is full of complaints we have NEVER had.
I guess some people are just impossible to please.
Reviewed 4 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
“beautiful villa a perfect family villa”
Reviewed 15 September 2017 for a stay in July 2017

we stayed at villa Karo for one week with our 18 year old grandaughter.We all had plenty of space and privacy whenever we wished to be alone.The villa was perfect for us location great just a short walk to get food or take away.So peaceful no noise or traffic and we found every thing we needed close by.Loved our stay will be staying there again Breakfast was cooked what ever day we wanted Koming sorry probably spelt wrong and was a lovely person.cant wait to visit again

Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
11 Dec 2016
Thanks so much Karen, really appreciate your comments especially about the staff and glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime.
Regards
Brady
John G
“First 5 days sevice terrible”
Reviewed 31 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

The Villa is top drawer but its a pity that the service wasn't the same,without a maid for 4 days no breakfast for a few days left to our own devices. No welcome cool drink to welcome you when we arrived as you would expect from a villa of this quality.Things did improve after the first 5days The pool is to small on the whole disappointing .We are regular visitors to Bali and won't be staying here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The viia was good
Liked least: The service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Sep 2016
Hi John,
It is a little disapointing to hear your view. After negotiating me down on the price and telling me you will only book the villa if it is at that price with breakfast, I did so.
It was unfortunate for me that my regular cleaner finished working for us 2 days before you arrived.
My manager then got a cleaner to start working for your arrival in which you complained the next day to me on the phone that the cleaner could not speak english. For someone who has been to bali 10 times as you told me you probably should learn some basic Indonesian to be able to communicate with the locals as this is there country.
The cleaner was there everyday so I'm not sure what you are talking about with this. I also made a big effort to get my old cleaner back to the villa for you so you had an english speaking cleaner there. So you actually had 2 cleaners at the villa for several days. About the Breakfast you had breakfast every day you just were to hard to please. Bacon , poached eggs , mushrooms with fruit and Juice was not good enough for you??????? I really don't know what else would be good enough for you. Then to top it off you checked out late with out telling me and this should have been paid for. I have all records of our communication that says nothing about your late check out. Some times you can bend over backwards for people and they just don't appreciate it. My staff did everyrhing they could to help you and they are very offended from the outcome.
Thanks Jay
mfkstf
perth
“Very good”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed from the 5 August to the 12 August, 2 Adults & 2 teenagers.
The villa is very spacious & clean with 3 great sized bedrooms all ensuite a fantastic main living area all rooms have flatscreen tv,s with cable & air con ,internet is good .There is a good kitchen if you wish to cook & dining table ,the pool is of a good size for a cool down ,there are 2 small sit down pool areas as you enter which are great,the master bedroom opens out straight on to the pool one step and your in .
The maid is great ,did not meet villa manger but on call 24/7 as you get a mobil with his number in it plus maid etc ,all staff who we met were polite & helpful.Location is down a back street but good for local warungs ,if you arrive late at night be advised there is no sign for 35c but it sits between 35a&35b overall a great stay .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: small pluge pool
Liked least: no numbers to show ware 35c is
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing