“Excellent Villa”

Ranked #3 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Perth, Australia
“Excellent Villa”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had an excellent stay at Ellora Villas. We had a two bedroom Villa - which was really two separate self contained rooms with a large gazebo and nice pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is good in the main street of Sanur. Be prepared though - Sanur is not Kuta - it is quiet and relaxing - no hustle and bustle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our second visit (6 nights) and we were welcomed back back like we were old friends Allocated the villa we requested, they even had the mozzie plug ins ready for us. Friendly staff , from the manager (Eliane to the reception and room staff) Shuttle service within the Sanur area
Morning breakfast staff cook breakast in the villa with lovely smiling faces nothing too much trouble. I celebrated my birthday with the staff presenting a cake present and singing truly special.Great location not on beach but just a short stroll. Many good retaurants within the area.Pool lovely and clean as are the villas, spacious too. Villa also provide drop off airport service. We'll be back next year x 2 !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila B
Kamakura, Japan
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I spent a full week at the Ellora villas about a month ago.
This was our 3rd trip to Bali and were quite familiar about what to expect of Bali and decided to try the Ellora villas for a change.
Our first 2 times in Bali were spent in high-end (very very costly) exclusive villas which we enjoyed ....until the last day when we had to make the astronomical payment before leaving for the airport!

We figured that we 'somewhat' knew what we wanted out of Bali and therefore tried the Ellora Villas with the idea in mind that it would not be equal to the exclusive 5 stars accommodation and service that we were used to receive in our previous trips.

I remember making the reservation arrangement online and always received prompt and reliable replies from Eliane who is, I believe the General Manager/owner.

She once made a mistake about the reservation dates and offered me a 1 extra night free of charge due to her mistake. Unfortunately, I could not take advantage of that extra night due to professional obligation but hope that Eliane will remember and offer that extra day next time I come! ;)

Anyway, Eliane was always prompt to reply and in many instances solved problems that I had while planning our trip to Bali! just to name a few, she was able to get me a dolphin reservation while the dolphin homepage claimed to be fully booked..

When we arrived to the ELLORA Villas, we were warmly welcomed by the receptionist (her name was TINI if i recall) with almost perfect English, who then led us to our villa, which was Villa 'i'...

I kept telling myself ' dont expect much and dont get disappointed' but much to my surprise, when she opened the doors, we could see this superbly designed villa, with a great pool!

The design was actually MUCH MUCH better than the villa we previously stayed at another hotel. the rooms were clean, everything was just right!!!
I could not believe what I was getting for the price!
The setting was perfect, the villa was perfectly lit up.. it was just perfect!

The villas are located at a walking distance from 'downtown' Sanur .. but every time we returned to the villa.. we felt thousands of miles away from civilization!

The beach is also at a pleasant 5 minute-walk away from the villa which was just fantastic!

The Ellora staff was extremely friendly and always brought a smile in the morning while cooking our breakfast! they never missed teaching us a few words in Balinese or Indonesian which was just delightful! The breakfast food was always delicious and the staff was always flexible to our needs.

The receptionists are always willing to go out of their ways to help!..

the pool was always clean, the shower room wide with powerful warm flow!

But the greatest surprise was on the last day when we made the payment, my wife and I could not believe that it only cost what it cost after such a long and wonderful stay!!!

I TRULY recommend ELLORA VILLAS and will definitely go again and very soon!

If there is something that I could recommend, it would be to get new mattress for the bed as they seemed to be a little too soft and old...

2 Thank Brandon L
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

From the time we were met at the Airport until we left, the villa and service exceeded our expectation, the location was perfect mins walk from a sandy bay where a gentle breeze whispered through the sun shades, plenty of restaurants near by. The accommodation was superb, the staff were on hand but not obtrusive, breakfast made and rooms tidied as if my magic. Very spacious and luxurious, stayed for 5 days only wished we could have stayed longer. Very highly recommended. Thank you Ellora Villa for all round excellence.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at Ellora. When entering the alley where it is located, you don't expect thiese beautiful villas to be at the end of it. They are spacious and very well maintained. The outdoor terrace is great with lots of furniture and an own kitchen. The private pool is clean and very refreshing. Every morning two very friendly guys come to your villa to make you a fresh breakfast. Overall, a wonderful relaxing experience to finish our holidays.

I would have given 5 stars, if there would not have been the wifi-issue, which annoyed us throughout our stay. For this price and in a villa where you can spend whole days, you expect a good wifi-connection. However, most of the time it does not work and if it works, it takes literally 5 minutes to load a page. We wanted to do some work, use skype etc, but we had to go to the nearby Starbucks to be able to do this, while we had such a great villa. The signal at Ellora is just strong enough to update your mailbox, not more than that. It was not an incident, but a structural problem, so I think Ellora should fix this or manage customer expectations by not advertising with "free wifi throughout the villas". A smaller thing is that not all personnel at reception speaks English. Although they all are really friendly and hospitable, they were not able to help us or gave the wrong answer on a couple of occasions. We found this a bit strange and a contrast to other luxurious places where we stayed in Bali.

Overall though, lovely relaxing villas.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Wouter188590
Kelmscott, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I spent 6 nights at Ellora Villas in June. We would have no hesitation in returning at a later stage as our stay there was so relaxing. The staff are very helpful and polite and the service we could not fault. The villas are clean, the pool crystal clear and the bedding comfortable. Location is great as beach and restaurants are all close.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for one night after arriving in Bali, waiting for our ferry to Lembongan Island the next day.

The staff were great, the Villa was clean and huge - our pool perfectly clean.

We had a nice time and would come back again...