We frequently travel to Bali and love to experience different locations and different types of accommodation. Lately our favourite has been the smaller boutique style of resort where although the facilities may not be as bountiful this is outweighed by more personalised service where you are genuinely made to feel wanted, this is the case with the Kamuela. We stayed in a one bedroom villa, did not see the suites so cannot comment on these but hopefully the following will give some info for those considering this hotel. PROS: Villa very large, beautiful air conditioned bedroom, great semi outdoor kitchen and a very good size private pool. Kept clean and staff happy to assist with anything you ask. Small but nice breakfast where you choose an off the menu item ... Advantage here is that you tend not to overindulge! Can also have the breakfast served in your villa which is great. Great street location, surrounded by tidy market style shops, massage and beauty parlours and restaurants everywhere. Place across the road and up a bit will hire you a scooter for $8 a day or hire a push bike and do the beach path. CONS: Outdoor bathroom (shower portion only) lovely but we were in villa 4 which backs on to what I think might be the suites, it did not feel very private, felt overlooked even if it wasn't, think maybe it would help if they thickened the screening along the top of the wall. Not sure about the other villas they were probably fine and it was not something that would make me say "no" to this villa again, just made me shower quicker! Be prepared, There is no view from the hotel, you can neither see the beach or get to it through hotel property, you can access via the next door resort or long lane way down the street but it does feel a little awkward doing so as only that resort owned sun loungers available when you get there. Better to access through main road access .. Don't worry you will find it. Hotel main pool is lovely, I did try to spend some time there despite having our lovely private pool just to experience and it is deep and clean and beautiful, don't expect to be hassled by staff for drinks, my experience was you had to corner them and ask! Overall, a great introduction to Sanur which has great shopping, restaurants of all different types and friendly people. If you feel you are getting a good price for this hotel, as we did, and are not worried about the beach or children's facilities, then these villas will wow you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kamuela Sanur, formerly known as Aston Legend Sanur, is nestled in peacefully quiet Sanur, featuring six private villas with one, two and three bedrooms set in immaculate walled gardens. Each villas has its own private pool, semi outdoor lounge area with a gourmet kitchen, dining area and air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamuela Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Aston Sanur
- Sanur Aston
- Kamuela Villas And Suite Sanur Bali