Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscaramel restaurantprivate poolhuge jacuzzione bedroom pool villaturn down servicemain poolromantic dinneroutdoor showerfoot massagemoney changerour honeymoonshuttle servicespecial thankslounge areaeach morningspent nightsshort walk to the beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed in suite 230 , an upstairs suite , at Kamuela & cannot fault it.
We arrived before checkin time from different accommodation in Sanur & fortunately were given our room straight way.
We were shown our suite & it was jaw dropping & very luxurious .
A very large & well equipped bathroom , enormous bedroom & fantastic balcony complete with jacuzzi with a view over the pool with a colourful array of plants giving us privacy when using the jacuzzi.
The breakfasts were delicious & filled us for the day ahead.
The staff were very attentive & gave amazing service which you would hope for in a hotel of this class .
We intend to return to Bali & would definitely choose Kamuela Suites

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DellyLouLou
Kamuela S, General Manager at Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hi DellyLouLou,

Thank you for stay and great review, very glad to know you enjoyed your stay at suite room and our staff serve you with well, will be glad to welcoming you again in the soonest time.

Cheersss

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This resort is classed as 5 star. I found it not to be. There are 5 star, and there are 5 star, I was booked into a suite for 5 nights. When I arrived I was informed that I would be staying in a One bedroomed villa for the first night, then move to a suite the next day. I didn't feel secure in the villa, both the main door and the door leading to the shower had gaps of at least 5mm. The main door was very difficult to lock due to this. The sitting area is separate, it also contained the fridge. I went to retrieve some cold drinks quite late. I scared quite a few cockroaches as well as myself. The suites are lovely rooms. However, the housekeeping let's them down. The 2nd morning after the room had been cleaned, my cups/saucers hadn't been replaced, the tissue box wasn't replenished, (1 tissue was hanging out to make it look full). Complimentary water is supplied in glass bottles. The bottle opener is in the toilet attached to the sink unit opposite the toilet seat!?. To use the kettle, you have to unplug a bedside lamp. To charge your appliances is the same. These lamps are too far away from the bed, you switch them off, then make your way to the bed. The TV has terrible reception. On going out just past midnight to watch the World cup in a bar the staircase/corrider lights were all off??? I fell down two steps to the mid landing. 2 members of staff came to my aid but surely a 5 star resort doesn't switch its corridor or stair lights off. The resort itself as a whole looks very inviting and the staff are helpful but my experience of my 5 night stay was that I hadn't stayed in a 5 star resort and I wouldn't recommend it as a 5 star. More 3.75 at most. As far as food, I had breakfast on two mornings and cant complainI. have stayed in many 4/5 star properties around the World, this not one of them

Room Tip: Book a suite rather than a villa, they are more comfortable and secure. Unfortunately, the suite balconies don't get the sun.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Kamuela S, General Manager at Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Mr.John,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and your time to write this review, very sad to know you have some spot of your stay which made you disappointing, Please apologize for this inconvenience situation and I will make sure this point of review will action and this very usefully for our future improvement, actually our commitment to always give best service to all our guest, hopefully we can serve you again in the future time.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed 5 nights in Villa 7 near the main pool. It was very private with a king bed, lounge, kitchen and plunge pool and lounges. I couldn't fault the accommodation and staff. The breakfast was very good. Villa cleaned each day and if any problems was fixed straight away. A few mozzies were around but a spray each day helped. The main street was just outside and there were many good restaurants - even a glass of wine was available. The beach was about 5-10 min walk and again many restaurants on the beach. Also could hire beach lounges for $2 per day. The food was good and fresh and cheap. Would love to come back.

Room Tip: Villa No 7, 1 bedroom villa with plunge pool was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Kazfang,

Thank you very much for this great review, glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our one bedroom pool villa, will be glad to serve you again in the soonest time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We frequently travel to Bali and love to experience different locations and different types of accommodation. Lately our favourite has been the smaller boutique style of resort where although the facilities may not be as bountiful this is outweighed by more personalised service where you are genuinely made to feel wanted, this is the case with the Kamuela. We stayed in a one bedroom villa, did not see the suites so cannot comment on these but hopefully the following will give some info for those considering this hotel. PROS: Villa very large, beautiful air conditioned bedroom, great semi outdoor kitchen and a very good size private pool. Kept clean and staff happy to assist with anything you ask. Small but nice breakfast where you choose an off the menu item ... Advantage here is that you tend not to overindulge! Can also have the breakfast served in your villa which is great. Great street location, surrounded by tidy market style shops, massage and beauty parlours and restaurants everywhere. Place across the road and up a bit will hire you a scooter for $8 a day or hire a push bike and do the beach path. CONS: Outdoor bathroom (shower portion only) lovely but we were in villa 4 which backs on to what I think might be the suites, it did not feel very private, felt overlooked even if it wasn't, think maybe it would help if they thickened the screening along the top of the wall. Not sure about the other villas they were probably fine and it was not something that would make me say "no" to this villa again, just made me shower quicker! Be prepared, There is no view from the hotel, you can neither see the beach or get to it through hotel property, you can access via the next door resort or long lane way down the street but it does feel a little awkward doing so as only that resort owned sun loungers available when you get there. Better to access through main road access .. Don't worry you will find it. Hotel main pool is lovely, I did try to spend some time there despite having our lovely private pool just to experience and it is deep and clean and beautiful, don't expect to be hassled by staff for drinks, my experience was you had to corner them and ask! Overall, a great introduction to Sanur which has great shopping, restaurants of all different types and friendly people. If you feel you are getting a good price for this hotel, as we did, and are not worried about the beach or children's facilities, then these villas will wow you.

Room Tip: Would avoid villa 1 .. Too close to pool and restaurant if they are having function on.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HolidayHobbiests

Hi HolidayHobbiests,

Thank you very much for your time to write this great review, glad to know you enjoyed your stay, then thank you for some of your point which we need improved for the better service, I will take action with my team to make sure this improvement happen, again thank you very much for your stay and hope we can serve you again in the soonest time.

Sanurvm@kamuelavillas.com

Reviewed 14 June 2014

When we arrived here having been our first time in Asia we thought wow! The smells from the spa and the kitchen and generally the beautiful Balinese architecture. The villas are fabulous, with outdoor showers, private pools and so many facilities. The staff were just excellent, everything you asked they could never do enough for you and made you feel so comfortable. The food was gorgeous and as it is quite small the place was very peaceful. We tried the cookery classes in our villa which were fab and also spent a lot of time in the spa and the massages were amazing. We also had a meal cooked in our villa on our last day which was so romantic too.

Compared to other places like Nusa Dua I preferred it as it was more private but also more authentic. You could just walk out the door onto the street and we hired bicycles and cycled around which was lovely. The hotel also got us a driver for 2 days and we went to the temples, Ubud etc and also out at night in Kuta which was fun. It was pure bliss and we could have stayed in the complex for our stay as it was gorgeous. Such value for money! I truly recommend these villas however we were there when it was still called Aston Legend Villas back in 2007.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom villa with private pool which was fab.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Ash011,

Wow, your review very best, you describe us very well and very proud to read it, very glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff serve you with well, hopefully we can serve you again in the soonest time.