Pondok Ayu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestsmanager gedebreakfast tablehome away from homelike coming homefree transportrooms are largesmall hotelhidden awaybusy roadboutique hotelsecond homespent a weekten minute walkthoroughly enjoyed our stayrelaxing holidaypeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2011

What can I say. This is the perfect place to stay. Wonderful rooms, friendly guests, wonderful service and an excellent price for what you get. Will definitely stay here again. Had a lovely stay and found it very difficult to leave, sob.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaatje57
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Our extended family booked the suite and one room. The suite is amazing value and we would highly recommend. Our contact with the owner Barbara was all online, and we found her very professional and approachable.

As other reviews have stated the hotel is away from the main strip of Sanur; while the walk is only 12 minutes and fine for adults we did find it a bit difficult with young children getting across the 4 lane highway. Unfortunately we found that getting hotel transport into Sanur didn't seem to work out and so had to rely on walking or taxis for all but 1 trip from the hotel. Would recommend to adults looking for a good value quiet small hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Albatross4
Reviewed 8 May 2011

It has been said many times before but this little gem is a hidden paradise. What makes it perfection is the staff. From beginning to end they are fantastic. Gede,made,wayan,putu, kadek noonga, even the pool cleaner, gardeners and night securirty are so wonderful they make you feel like family. Bennos the restaurant is also fantastic and can not recommend it enough. If you are new or a regular to bali you will love it. Big thanks to barbara and Steve for running a piece of paridise.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank melglew
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My husband and I stayed in the suite with our 14yr old daughter and it was amazing. I have been to Bali over 10 times and the quality and service I received from Barbara, Gede and the Pondok Ayu family made it the best experience I've ever had in Bali. They arranged all my tours, transport spa services and even a surprise traditional Indonesian breakfast! Pondok Ayu well and truly exceeded my expectations. If you are "green" to Bali travel, these guys will make it so easy from the moment you book with Barbara, are picked up up at the airport by the beautiful Gede right through to laundering your clothes for your flight home. My only negative is that Pondok Ayu is only located in one area in Bali. Please expand!!!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I have recently returned from 8 days at Pondok Ayu.We had the whole place to ourselves ( 5 couples) for a 50th birthday / holiday. The staff are amazing and very freindly. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Very good value for money . As other reviewers have mentioned , the only downer is that it's on the wrong side of the highway from the beach and restaurants. This was not a major worry as Gede and Noonga were
always more than willing to drive us across and a ride home in a cab is about $2 aud. Thank you to all the staff for making a friends birthday more than memorable. PS I will miss your poached eggs Wayan !!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple