“Very comfortable”
Review of Pondok Ayu

Pondok Ayu
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and we were very comfortable.The room is very clean and in a cozy setting. The bed is particularly good. The staff at check-in and those involved in room service are excellent and friendly. The Indonesian breakfast was very good. The hotel was also well located, not too far from the beach. We had a great and relaxing time at Pondok Ayu.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Pondok Ayu

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Pondok Ayu was our last hotel before returning home and it wasnt the cheapest or the most expensive place during our stay but it was by far the most homely and relaxed place we stayed. It felt incredibly easy and intimate and it was so lovely to get to know the friendly staff and the other guests. Our two year old daughter loved finding the vegemite at the breakfast table after two weeks of not seeing it anywhere!! The grounds are beautifully kept and the suite was huge and very clean. I doubt you could get better value anywhere else.
Barb helped us out with an issue we had at the airport and this goes to show that the service goes beyond ones expectations and for this reason you feel more like part of a family rather than a tourist in Bali.
Thankyou All at Pondok Ayu. we will return longer next time.
Rebecca Tony and Amber

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rebecca j
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in August on my own after spending a week in Ubud. it was a lovely place to relax and laze around the pool. All the staff were very helpful and charming. The accomodation is very spacious and clean and it seemed like I was having a luxury break at an affordable price. I selected this hotel after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and was very pleased with it, booking was very straightforward and prompt via email with the owner. If I decided to go back to Sanur I would definately stay here again as I couldn,t fault it. The breakfasts were good and it was nice to meet other guests and though it is not right in the centre it is not too far to walk down to where all the shops and restaurants are, also you can order food from the staff and there is a stocked fridge which was very reasonably priced. Very happy with my short stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank daisyjane1967
Reviewed 26 August 2012

we were so happy with the fantastic service and more than luxury rooms .large and so comfortable-the staff are so helpful and so very efficient ,all you have to do is request and its done -so good have been back one day and have already booked for next year,prices more than reasonable- we had a great time cant say enough about the friendly atmosphere- all so easy
fantastic

Room Tip: all rooms are good , no noise ,all have fridge a/c and comfort to the 10th degree
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank dyral m
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just got back from 10 days at Pondok Ayu. Made and Gede and all the staff are warm, friendly, happy and are a strong part of the Pondok family who provide a very personal service to their guests. Breakfast each morning was beautiful with the opportunity to catch up with other guests and chat about shopping, attractions and local restaurants. The pool was well maintained and many a day was spent lazing by the pool with a good book. Our room was great and we spent the last night in the villa which made our trip even more special. Prior to leaving every staff member came and saw us individually to say goodbye and wish us well. This truly demonstrated the kindness of the staff and the pride they have in their work. Barbara made the bookinig process easy and was ready to answer any questions I had prior to leaving Australia. My next email is to Barbara to book for next year. See you all next year

Room Tip: Room 4 was pefect but nothing would beat the villa if you can get it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Longy64
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stumbled across Pondok Ayu by mistake on Trip Advisor when looking for something a little different, read the reviews and thought WOW we need to try this place, so after inquriy with Barbara who was very quick and easy to deal with we booked for 3 nights as this was all that was available - but 3 nights wa better than none we just had to stay there.

We arrived at the airport and i text Gede (Barbara gave us his number to assist in locating each other which trust me helped!) He promptly replied an we found each other. Lovely airconditioned ride through the craziness of bali that we have come to love, with lovely chats with Gede the driver!

We stayed in one of the two 2nd level rooms which was lovely with aircon, king size bed, roomy bathroom the best room would be one on the groud level, but we are not complaining.

Its hard to put into words what is special about this place, we have been to bali many times and Pondok was Perfect.

There attentitiveness of every single staff member was amazing, You have breakfast included and you have this at a dining table where all guests eat if they choose, its nice to chat to others staying there and somthing that you dont get at a bigger establishment. If you needed to be dropped off anywhere Ngangah and Gede were at the ready it was no problem.
I left our washing one morning on the bed in a bag and that afternoon to my surprise it was delievered back all washed and ironed for a very small fee pretty much the same as one of the street laundrys (normal hotels etc charge hugely for this so i must admit i was a little worried)
The pool area is lovely, everything is lovely i could go on and on but i wont all i can say is Try it! Value for money AMAZING!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ABMAC
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I enjoyed my return visit to Pondok Ayu, lovely staff, well appointed rooms and relaxing environment. However, one small drawback with this establishment is the lack of a bathroom facility for guests who are required to checkout at 12.00 pm and wait around for hours for their flight home. This happened to me recently, although I had booked over 12 months ago and requested a late checkout as my flight was not leaving until midnight. I understand in the high season rooms are at a premium, but the comfort of guests should also be a priority.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are more private.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo