I find this a little frustrating as the Sapa brand has 4 units available but the listing is in 4 times... I will try to copy it elsewhere as they deserve it.
- On arrival at Bali airport you are met by a sea of faces all holding name boards. The Sapa person (Eka) was the only person in a bright orange top and he also recognised us from a photo we supplied for him. Great English, respectful, nothing was too much trouble and he also does private day tours though this wasn't pushed.
- We stayed in one of their new, "gardenia" 2 bedroom units. It has an outside day bed, a filtered water cooler, a full kitchen, TV's everywhere and a Bluetooth speaker, walk in shower and everything a total luxury.
- behind us was a simliar unit so you could have 4 couples staying almost together.
- it is less than 10 minutes walk to a decent gym (24HR) which has casual rates AUS$4. Would take less time on the pushbikes which were at the unit. I think these were moved around, as required, as Eka asked to borrow ours as we had hired scooters and didnt need them.
- our unit was cleaned every day by Putu or Katut
- we talked Eka about revisiting and he showed us one of the single bedded units which had equal luxury. Next door to this, with access through a gate was another 2 bedded unit so 3 couples could rent them both.
My husband and I got married in Sanur in May 2014 so we chose to come back to Sanur in May 2015 to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We chose to stay at Villa Sapa and I am so glad we did!
We were greeted by a very friendly and bubbly gentleman named Heru. He is an absolute champion! What a wonderful person to be greeted by after a long flight. We had told the owner, Bruce that it was our wedding anniversary so he had Heru organise a special treat for us. We arrived to a spotless and clean beautiful villa with a plate of delicious cakes and a chocolate plaque that said 'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY'. Heru was very happy to greet us and show us around the villa and was so excited to give us our plate of delicious cakes. He really is one of the sweetest people I have met in all my travels to Bali.
We booked the 1 bedroom villa which was absolutely perfect for the two of us. It is in brand new condition and a very comfortable place to stay. Heru let us know that noone was staying in the 2 bedroom villa next door so we were welcome to use the pool in the 2 bedroom villa as it was more spacious. The pool in the 1 bedroom villa was absolutely fine but the 2 bedroom villa pool is just bigger as is the case in every villa in Bali. The more the rooms, the bigger the pool. Don't fret though, the 1 bedroom pool is absolutely large enough!!!!
My husband had to do a bit of work while we were at the villa so Bruce made sure he had enough good quality internet connection and room to spread out. He quickly realised my husband needed a few things and made them available to him. Bruce also decided to upgrade us to the 2 bedroom villa as it was more spacious and I was loving the big pool.
We ended up spending 1 night in both villas so got a good feel for both. The 1 bedroom villa is most definitely big enough for a couple or a small family with young children. The 2 bedroom villa is much larger and would suit 2 small families or 2 couples. The villas have an interconnecting door way so you could rent both villas if you had a larger group. There were a few toys for kids as well if you had children with you, they wouldn't be bored. Both villas are as beautiful as eachother and both are very secure. Both have adequate internet connections. There is a small shop directly across the road to buy beers, soft drink and ice creams. The shopkeeper is very friendly.
Heru was really helpful. I asked him where I could get a scooter rental and he arranged someone to come to my door with bikes for myself and my husband. The bikes were cheap, safe and of good quality.
Heru and Bruce also provided me with a prepaid mobile phone so I could call or text if I had any problems or make any local phone calls in Bali that I needed to make. This was really helpful.
The location is tucked behind the main section of town. It is in a quiter area but not far at all from all the action of Sanur. You can take a short bike ride to town or easily get a quick taxi.
Another cute thing that Heru did was he wanted to take some photos of my husband and I as it was our wedding anniversary. So he came to the villa and took a heap of photos and then went and printed them and framed them for us. It was the most beautiful gift from a beautiful person.
All in all if you want a holiday at a villa that is personal, relaxing and with friendly owners and operators, this is the Villa to stay at. Both Heru and Bruce were there when we needed them but not intrusive at all. They did what they needed to, made sure we were ok and had everything we needed and then left us alone to do our own thing.
We intend on staying at Villa Sapa again as it really was a wonderful place to stay.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|