Bambu Indah
US$139
US$256
US$219
Agoda.com
All reviewsnatural poolrope swingpadi houseudang houseglass floorbamboo architecturejavanese housesthe rivereco luxuryorganic foodrice fieldslove naturemagical placeown gardenunique hotelauthentic experienceour honeymoon
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We absolutely fell in love with Bambu Indah at first sight. We were greeted warmly and received a lovely tea service in their beautiful restaurant while we checked in. We stayed in The Kuno House which is located to the right of the pool, in fact you can see the rope swing from the window. The Kuno House is nothing short of amazing. We loved all of details of the decor and our view from the porch was breath-taking! The bed was little creaky but still utterly charming.

I was in love with the bathroom. The shower is amazing! One of those rain shower heads that make showering a completely blissful experience. We also enjoyed a great view (it partially outdoors though covered). I was talking about that shower for weeks upon our return to the states.Those were simply the best showers I have ever had. I can't say that enough.

Besides, the shower the toilet was very high tech like a Japanese electric toilet complete with bidet. I absolutely loved the shower gel and conditioner--something I'm very particular about and have no trouble spending extra for luxury soap and conditioners--but there was no need as the provided gels and conditioner were some of best of I've come across. I would even buy these products to use at home. The scent was divine. Oh and the towels were fluffy and soft. They smelled great as well.

We would recommend this house if you want a little more privacy as we noticed some of the other houses, such as the delightful Kuning House was placed right along the path we had to take every time we left the property. So we could see in, but all of the houses are so cute I can't stand it.

We loved the porch! The view was just stunning--rice terraces as far as the eye could see! The setting was so tranquil and idyllic that we were hard pressed to leave. We stayed for six nights and the first two days or so we could barely tear ourselves away to explore the rest of Ubud. We were content to enjoy the grounds, the wonderful natural pool, and incredibly fresh and delicious food. The pool was great because it was long and there weren't chemicals to detract from refreshing quality of the swim. The rope swing was a riot, endless entertainment. The food was made from organic ingredients all grown on the grounds. Everything we ate was cooked perfectly and well-seasoned, if not the perfect amount of spicy. There is a set menu so you don't have to worry about making in decisions, everything was just so delicious and healthy that I doubt you'd mind.

Breakfast was also wonderful. Fresh, juicy and sinfully sweet exotic fruit, fresh-squeezed juice (strawberry was our fave), coffee and your choice of perfectly cooked eggs or pancakes (more like a crepe), or lovely, velvety Greek-style yogurt. The coffee was perfection and french pressed at our table (Bodum presses no less).

We also enjoyed meals on our porch and in the big house and these meals were truly magical, romantic, and just...there aren't words.

The staff was beyond friendly and ready to help us with anything we needed from, recommendations, transport, laundry, you name it.

The only thing I would warn is that there is quite a bit of noise at night, a frog chorus if you will. We don't mind that sort of thing but it's not for everyone. And we had a little mouse visit us at night trying to get into out coconut soap (so put your food away). He was a tiny little thing so nothing to worry about but I'd feel remiss if I didn't mention it. We weren't bothered by it at all and would happily return to Bambu Indah in a heartbeat. In fact, we plan to return anytime we are in Bali. And we will most definitely return because we have never had a better time! We would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a memorable experience that they would cherish for a lifetime!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zilliejr
Tjok9960, Manager at Bambu Indah, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for adding the spirit of our team with your wonderful review We are glad that you enjoyed yourselves through the day with us at The Bambu Indah for your perfect holiday in Bali.

Please accept our best thanks for recommending the Bambu Indah Villa Ubud. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

I came across photo's of Bambu Indah when searching for accomodation around Ubud. We were looking for a unique place to stay, and we definately found it! We stayed in "Kolam House" (Pond House) for the first night, but then we had to move as it was booked out to "Jawa Lama" House. Both were great.. "Kolam House" is very private because it is surrounded by a high mud/brick fence and you have your own garden with a pond that wraps around tha house, with a lovely old entrance. "Jawa Lama" is also private because it is tucked away at end of all the huts on the edge of the river valley gorge with amazing views. I was realy looking forward to staying there and was realy excited because the photo's we had seen made it look so good. It's not often that accomodation exceeds your expectations, but this did. The 1st day we stayed in "Kolam House" I didn't want to go anywhere, I just wanted to stay and enjoy the atmosphere & the pond. The breakfast which is included in the room price is the best breakfast we had the whole 2 weeks in Bali. We enjoyed being closer to nature and the peace & quiet of the place, and I took heaps of photo's of frogs, dragon flies etc, and some sort of native squirrel high in the trees. The staff were lovely and very accomodating. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina1233

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Unique hotel in a unique location on Bali. Excellent service. We loved it and will most definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2011

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic time at Bambu Indah. Eva and Sri are great manageresses - really lovely and accommodating but at the same time relaxed. We felt very at ease and at home there. The houses are beautiful and very special. The views are sublime. Swimming in the natural pool is a lovely experience. I love everything about it - the ethos, the surroundings, the furnishings etc.

One thing I had to get used to is the sounds of the surrounding wildlife at night. Thankfully they provide earplugs in case you're a light sleeper :)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Just back from bambu indah, and I've gone to bali before. If Bali is tropical paradise, bambu indah epitomises it. Bambu indah broke all my travel records and even beat santorini,greece at the awesome beauty it epitomises. Such a gorgeous place. And only for jungle lovers who love greenery, water, everything natural,open air bathrooms, wooden houses and dont mind the frogs and birds singing around ur house day and nite:)
I was initially apprehensive as I went with a 2 year old and a 5year old, but bambu indah's service was A one. They helped with all the baby food, didnt mind my noisy kids and surprisingly we could take care of them in this all nature environment also.
Kids loved the natural pool and snails and dragonflies all around. We even went for a wow sayan valley river trek with them which was wow. The hotel arranged that as well as a wonderful massage in the room by a fabulous masseur. Both highly recommended!
The hotel is also close to ubud central with its restuarants and dance performances,but is a more beautiful, offbeat location which we loved.
If you are a jungle girl like me and nature thrills you, this is the place to be. Sucha soulful sanctuary for people like us caught up in a concrete jungle in big cities!

Room Tip: kuno house and padi house have awesome views
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Tjok9960, Manager at Bambu Indah, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011