Bambu Indah
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Naya Ubud(Ubud)
Y Resort(Ubud)
View Hotel
All reviewsnatural poolrope swingpadi houseudang houseglass floorbamboo architecturejavanese housesthe rivereco luxuryorganic foodrice fieldslove naturemagical placeown gardenunique hotelauthentic experienceour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Bambu Indah offers something different from other resorts in Bali. First off, it is a small property with only 11 homes, and therefore it offers an intimate setting. The homes are also more than 100 years old with lots of culture and heritage (they each have a story to tell!) Not to forget the bamboo structures (beautiful!!) as well as the natural swimming pool (where you can swim with fishes!) The staff were friendly, and do make an effort to remember your name. Requests are often met with a smile :)

On the whole, if you are looking for peace and serenity in a beautiful setting, Bambu Indah is a must!

P.S. The house with the outdoor shower was just heaven. I have never taken so many baths in my life before.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank raymondraphael
ManagerBambuIndah, Manager at Bambu Indah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear raymondraphael,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write us a positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed a peaceful vacation with us.

Come back soon for more outdoor showers and swims with fishes!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

First off, Bambu Indah is not for everyone. My first night, it was foreign to be in a more "rustic" environment and it took some getting used to but the beauty of Bambu Indah is that your experience gets better and better every minute and hour you are there. For me personally, it reminded me of things that must have first drawn travelers to Ubud. The beautiful view of Bandung's rice paddies, the original Balinese homes, the earthy and natural foods and ingredients, the sounds of frogs and birds... I slept as well as I do when I am out in the mountains away from everything modern. Some have complained about the distance to center of town but once you are in the center of town, I guarantee you that the noise and pollution will have you running back to Bambu Indah.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank solotravels
ManagerBambuIndah, Manager at Bambu Indah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear solotravels,

Thank you for your honest review and for giving us a chance to host you.

Bambu Indah is a nature lover's haven and we are glad that you found solace in our organic, natural environment.

We are located just outside of Ubud, a short 15-minute drive away. Some of our guests love the fact that they can escape from the hustle and bustle of Ubud and return to the tranquility of our home at the end of the day.

We have, however, taken our guests' feedback into consideration and recently introduced a daily shuttle service for our guests.

We look forward to having you back here with us in the near future.

Thanks again for your review.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We arrived at midnight and awoke to the most beautiful scenery and 100 year old cottages. I cannot articulate how serene and gorgeous this property is. We never wanted to leave and were happy when it rained because we lounged on our patio or the common hut area. The pool is amazing with little fish and a rope swing. Great friendships were made there. The hike was breathe taking: We crossed a rope bridge, saw rice paddies, climbed rocks, saw how people live, and more. The spa was adorable and I suggest the two person massage. It's the best I have ever had. The food was incredible and if they have the pumpkin salad get it. I ate it for lunch and dinner. We also took the first cooking class where we learned about the garden, greenhouse (made of bamboo and car windshields) and how Eco friendly everything is. I will be back!! Also thank you to Yvette for all of your recommendations and explanation of the property and owner. Xo

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Bambu Indah is a stunning boutique hotel with a thriving sustainable organic vegetable garden, peaceful views and setting, a natural pool with a gnarly rope swing... The hotel features lovely rustic huts relocated from Java, with a homely feel and incredibly comfortable bed.

I am interested in vernacular and bamboo architecture and Bambu Indah is a showcase of exactly this. the gardens were abundant with vegetables and flowers, we even got to see the nursery made with car windshields and an incredible tall hut built in the Sumba style.

The restaurant was excellent, very healthy cuisine which featured local dishes as well as more western style food and asian fusion, and all supplied from the garden that you overlook while you eat.

I was sick on the second day of my stay and the staff did everything they could to help me feel better, sourcing medicines and making special effort to look after me, I was lucky to be surrounded by such a beautiful hut and grounds so that even that day was enjoyable.

It is definitely an unforgettable experience, especially if you have an appreciation for a more fine grain hotel, with character, charm and an authentic traditional feel. This experience will give you an insight into traditional Indonesian architecture that is not really accessible in other ways, and will give you a memorable and unique experience of something that is not easy to find these days - a hotel that has soul.

Room Tip: we stayed in kunning house it was lovely, but they all looked lovely! apparently padi house has a great view...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice N
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Had the best vacation of 7 years in Indonesia at Bambu Indah. Such great atmosphere- such friendly staff- very original and exquisite in so many ways~ If you are anyhwhere near stop in to have your reality tottaly renewed!

Room Tip: swing into the big pond!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 874ChristianC

Dear 874ChristianC,

We're glad you enjoyed our natural swimming pond and our rope swing!

Thanks for staying with us and please come back for a swim soon.