“Best Meal I've ever had!!!!”

CasCades Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 751 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$30 - US$150
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: CasCades restaurant is a must for those wanting to enjoy a fine dining experience in a spectacular jungle setting. Located 5 minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, CasCades is located within Viceroy Bali hotel and perched on a ridge overlooking Bali's luscious Valley of the Kings. The striking views, exceptional food and wine make this the ideal spot for a long lunch to escape the midday heat or special dinner. Owned and managed by an Australian family, CasCades is a fine dining restaurant that sources the best produce from around the globe, complemented by local organic vegetables.
Raetihi, New Zealand
“Best Meal I've ever had!!!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Amazing food! Amazing service! Amazing location! Amazing Staff! We were treated like royalty. If you're in Ubud treat yourself and eat here!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in Viceroy for honeymoon.

The Breakfast was not buffet, so you can order as much as you can and it served fresh. Everything the served were delicious. I love Mango Trifle, Mediterranean Ratatouille, and Coconut Rice Pudding.

Love various kind of Ratatouille; Mediterranean and Asian. It's french with asian twist. Very rich. Nasi Goreng is also taste delicious I am very amazed because sometimes when it served in a fine restaurant the taste is somehow less that the original Nasi Goreng should be.

For dinner we ordered Three Set Menu and I back to my room with very very happy, big smile and had a nice sweet dream!

• Visited November 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional quality and world class presentation”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We took some time to meet chef Nic Vanderbeeken and were so impressed. Our first meal was a breakfast that was simply extraordinary. Three courses of pancake, fruits, eggs - beautiful coffee and fresh juices presented with so much care it seemed difficult to start eating rather than just staring at it!

The dinner was incredible. It is an international menu which means that it includes Balinese dishes but also has the complexity of international cuisine. Personally I prefer simplicity - that is just a reflection of my preferences. We travelled to a number of the top restaurants and concluded that Cascades was by far the best food.

The restaurant is not that busy - and so in a perfect world, I would take away some of the tables so that it has a more intimate feel and fewer empty tables. It is not that it is not busy, it is just that I suspect it is rarely at capacity (it has a lot of tables!) and it detracts from the capacity of the space to create a truly personal environment. And the music needs a tweak. These are issues separate from the food and I am splitting hairs.

If you had a chance, go for lunch or early evening so that you can enjoy the view. Like so many places in Bali, once it is dark there is a lot left to see and at Cascades there is a lot to see and a lot of exceptional food to eat.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gareth S
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Dinner in Cascade”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We went there for a dinner. Beautiful setting, nice, friendly and helpful staffs. The manager accommodated our preferences very well, as one of our friend had some allergic to certain spices. I had a lobster chowder, then salmon steak, also sort of passion fruit dessert. they were taste great and beautifully presented. I shall go there next time for lunch to see the view (which I heard is awesome)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Eswaryanti
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My daughter and I had lunch on Christmas Day at CasCades, the restaurant at the Viceroy just outside Ubud. We took advantage of their offer of being picked up and returned to our hotel for 50,000 Rp each way, which made the 10 minute trip easy. The restaurant is in the most beautiful setting perched on top of a valley overlooking jungle, with the sound of the river below. I was hoping to see monkeys but had to be satisfied with lots of little swallows, dragonflies and butterflies. There were only 2 or 3 other tables of people, so we had excellent service. I started with a Bellini, made with raspberries as they were out of peaches, and it was delicious. They had turkey available but we both had very good pasta dishes and shared a green salad with a fabulous dressing. I chose a nice Chilean chardonnay from the extensive wine list and for dessert I had a Grand Marnier soufflé and my daughter had a lemon brulee, both absolutely melted in the mouth. The sun stayed out all day for the first time in 5 days and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. A great place for a special meal.

• Visited December 2013