“Lovely Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

CasCades Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 714 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$30 - US$150
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: CasCades restaurant is a must for those wanting to enjoy a fine dining experience in a spectacular jungle setting. Located 5 minutes drive from the centre of Ubud, CasCades is located within Viceroy Bali hotel and perched on a ridge overlooking Bali's luscious Valley of the Kings. The striking views, exceptional food and wine make this the ideal spot for a long lunch to escape the midday heat or special dinner. Owned and managed by an Australian family, CasCades is a fine dining restaurant that sources the best produce from around the globe, complemented by local organic vegetables.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Firstly, thanks for the other positive reviews here about this restaurant or we never would have found it and would have instead gone to another place we were thinking about at likely double the cost and going by reviews of that, probably not as good!

It's a hotel restaurant so was a bit quiet and lacking in atmosphere which was a shame. But this was the only downside to it.

The restaurant is lovely and looks good. The service is excellent and the menu is very good offering both Indonesian cuisine and French.

I almost regretted not going for the Indonesian set menu as the table next to us got it and it looked an smelled amazing. But my regrets were quickly extinguished when our food came. I don't think it matters what you order there-it's all going to be excellent.

Should doff my cap to the caramel crunch desert which my wife had. If I could induce the look on her face as she ate it I'd be a very talented man!

Slightly disappointed with the Irish coffee which was served in a big, tall, martini glass. The coffee itself was very nice but the martini glass for an Irish coffee made it look a bit ridiculous.

2 Thank Gazzad1981

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
“An amazing evening, food wine and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We were a party of four, picked up,from our hotel to dine here. The view at first caught our attention...then the menu...we had starters of prawns, foie gras, and ordered wine. The wine list is numerous and the prices vary. Our main courses were the duck ravioli, a large house made one and delicious. The rack of lamb was cooked to our request, tender and full of flavors. We topped it off with the lemongrass creme brûlée and the chocolate fondant with ice cream. We all agree that this was the most spectacular meal and evening in Bali! This is a meal to remember and we also met the owner, Otto, he approached us and offered to buy us Irish Coffees. He is a remarkable man, years of travel and experience, with a vision. We also met the chef, Nic, and were able to compliment him on the menu and meal. All in all, this is a special place, great service, beautiful view, all the ingredients to make this a memorial evening.

Visited April 2014
Raetihi, New Zealand
“Best Meal I've ever had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Amazing food! Amazing service! Amazing location! Amazing Staff! We were treated like royalty. If you're in Ubud treat yourself and eat here!

• Visited May 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed in Viceroy for honeymoon.

The Breakfast was not buffet, so you can order as much as you can and it served fresh. Everything the served were delicious. I love Mango Trifle, Mediterranean Ratatouille, and Coconut Rice Pudding.

Love various kind of Ratatouille; Mediterranean and Asian. It's french with asian twist. Very rich. Nasi Goreng is also taste delicious I am very amazed because sometimes when it served in a fine restaurant the taste is somehow less that the original Nasi Goreng should be.

For dinner we ordered Three Set Menu and I back to my room with very very happy, big smile and had a nice sweet dream!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional quality and world class presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We took some time to meet chef Nic Vanderbeeken and were so impressed. Our first meal was a breakfast that was simply extraordinary. Three courses of pancake, fruits, eggs - beautiful coffee and fresh juices presented with so much care it seemed difficult to start eating rather than just staring at it!

The dinner was incredible. It is an international menu which means that it includes Balinese dishes but also has the complexity of international cuisine. Personally I prefer simplicity - that is just a reflection of my preferences. We travelled to a number of the top restaurants and concluded that Cascades was by far the best food.

The restaurant is not that busy - and so in a perfect world, I would take away some of the tables so that it has a more intimate feel and fewer empty tables. It is not that it is not busy, it is just that I suspect it is rarely at capacity (it has a lot of tables!) and it detracts from the capacity of the space to create a truly personal environment. And the music needs a tweak. These are issues separate from the food and I am splitting hairs.

If you had a chance, go for lunch or early evening so that you can enjoy the view. Like so many places in Bali, once it is dark there is a lot left to see and at Cascades there is a lot to see and a lot of exceptional food to eat.

Visited January 2014