“Nice welcoming place to stay in Ubud”
Review of Kebun Indah

Kebun Indah
Ranked #126 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This is our second time stay here, always nice, friendly and helpful employee. Awesome welcome drinks and compliment fruits basket. Very quiet out of main road but very close to all main restaurant in Ubud such as Taco Casa right at front cross the road, Bebek Bengil, etc...

Also they have free wireless internet. You just need to ask the front desk for the password.

Walking in Ubud its the only way to enjoy the real Bali and this villa its just the perfect location.

More review from me will come along with our 3 night stay here :)

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Kebun Indah is really the perfect location if you want to stay inside the village of Ubud. Architecture is simple, price is reasonable, service is kind and effective (I love the afternoon tea and cake, so delicate attention). The suroudings are so quiet for this center location. No restaurant, so you can enjoy the delicious restaurants of Ubud (Naughty Nuri's, Ryoshi, Wayan Cafe or Laka Leke, Queen Tandoor and other specialities...Oh I forgot the superb massage at Iman Spa, greta therapists, very professional and efficient.

Room Tip: For me the Mangga is the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am sitting on the verandah outside my room looking over the rice paddies and have just ordered a complementary coffee.
I am contemplating whether to give this place a bad wrap because my wife is afraid that if we praise it too much we won't be able to get back in.
The staff are really friendly and the included breakfast is both healthy and substantial.
This is my first time here at the Kebun Indah but I have twice stayed at the Alum Indah and I have to say that the Indah group seem to have a culture of good service and attention to detail.
It certainly isn't a five star resort but that is not what we were looking for.
It is close to many good restaurants (see my previous reviews) and you don't have to contend with the monkeys in the forest.
It does not have TV (good thing) or radio (good thing) and the WiFi works reasonably well to keep in touch with the world.
I will definitely come back - and soon

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Graeme A
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Wonderful people, wonderful breakfast (try a combo jaffle and orange juice) and wonderful setting. Booked 2 nights stayed for 4. Will be back next year! Pool needs a bit of work but it adds charm to the place especially when you get it all to yourself which happens most days! Enjoy

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We stay in this place for 2 nights, last month.
Was a disappointment compare to other place we be been in this area.
The hotel is old, and need urgent renovation. It's smelled specially after rain.
I can tell from the first time enter it's worn out everything.
The staff was nice, but lack of management touch I guess, so they are not well organized.
In overall it was not a good place to stay, we prefer pay much more and have better place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights and found it great. We are 2 adults and 2 kids and were in the Padi room which is huge and a very reasonable price. Generally we stay at cheaper places and found this luxurious and worth it. The staff are great and always helpful. Next time we will stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JonJames1
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We spent 9 nights between Alam Indha and Alam Gili which was amazing. Made us fall in love with Bali and Gili.
But Kebun Inda fell short. Service was not at par , no hooks for towels in bathroom. Even though the room is is beautiful not fictional. Too large, should have been a suit or garden space etc.
Staff needs more training. We did not know Breakfast wad served in the porch in front of our room .
Not a big deel but better communication helps.Overall not happy

• Stayed: September 2013