“Good Location” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #252 of 513 Ubud B&B and Inns
Terrigal, Australia
“Good Location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Money is not worth it. Although there are a few pros such as good location, friendly staff, good views, average food and a nice pool, there are many cons to Jati 3 Bungalows. You have to log into the wifi each time you wish to use it and it often did not work.. There is construction on the grounds which was causing much noise. I was concerned about the safety of the loft in the family room, as the railing was about 50cm high and the stairs were very creaky and I thought that every time I used them they were going to collapse. When they changed the linen, the linen had stains and smelt awful. Shower curtains are also moldy. I would recommend Jati 3 if you were looking for good location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nlawsonn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is our 2nd time to Bali and Ubud and we have stayed at Jati3 both times and we have been very happy for us the location is good they are clean they are well maintained has a really nice pool has nice selection of food for breakfast which is included. It's a good place to stay

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank captainjames47
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I specifically chose this accommodation because of the wifi.
According to booking.com wifi is available in all rooms, and I needed to do some research for my trip the next day and make a few Skype phonecalls before going to bed early.

Well, I got a dark room in the basement, with absolutely no wifi. I asked to have another room, but staff refused and told me the place was fully booked, and I couldn’t talk to the owner until the next morning.

So in the evening I had to sit in the dark garden, to have wifi access and prepare for the next day. Do I have to mention it was raining and I was furious?

Getting a good nights sleep was also hopeless. Each time I fell a sleep I woke up by the sounds of rats, not sure if they were inside my room or outside.

Next morning I finally could talk to the owner, hoping for a discount since the room didn’t live up to my expectations, but again I was disappointed.
She gave me a discount of rp 700, which is nothing. Because as she said, she gave me a family room with two double beds.
But how can I sleep in 4 beds, I am a solo traveler? All I needed was the wifi and a good nights sleep.

I recommend the hotel to get a cat or two.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Overall the accommodation is god value for money, however we noticed some minor issues that need to be addressed. Firstly, major construction is going on immediately around the grounds. This in turn has brought with it industrial noise. Moreover, I noticed the construction workers ogling over my wife and other young ladies enjoying the swimming pool. Unfortunately, they were far from discreet and this caused conflict between them and I. I brought this issue to the attention of the staff and they did not do anything about it. Given the construction is for this property I would have thought they would have been able to do something about it. Please be aware the construction is going to go on for several months..

I was disappointed that the room were not cleaned correctly. Our bathroom and entry had liquid stains on the floor on the day we arrived and it was still there on our departure.The grounds are beautiful and the staff very helpful and friendly.

Given all of the about we would still stay her again. The positives out weight the negatives

Room Tip: They all appear the same.
Rotorua, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have stayed in Ubud many times, but on this trip we thought we'd stay somewhere different (to the hotel we usually stay in). Sadly, although the price was very similar to the hotel we usually stay in the quality was no where near as good. The room was very tired looking, the bathroom was in desperate need to updating, the curtains were mouldy and stained and the pillows needed replacing. When I asked reception for extra pillows (because they only provided 1 each) they issued me with the the filthiest pillows you can imagine and just put a clean pillow case over the top hoping I would not notice. I took them back and told them "you can't give a guest these! They are disgusting!" So they went to the housekeeping store and gave me 2 brand new ones (I shouldn't have to ask - they should know they were disgusting). There was only 1 power point in the entire room and that was being used by the fridge, so if you needed your mobile phone charged or wanted to use your laptop you had to pull out the fridge. The only plug in the bathroom had screws blocking up the power point holes so that was unusable. I know its not their fault because they are trying to trade while construction of new villas is going on, but on both sides of the pool 2-story villas were in the process of being built, so the whole time you had construction people walking past with concrete and iron and bricks, and there was banging and hammering during the day, so not very relaxing. We were not advised of this construction work when we booked - had we have known this we would have thought twice about staying there. Perhaps when the work is finished and the old rooms have been renovated the property could be rated again, but as it is at the moment I have had to give it just 2 stars.

Australia, Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the worst accommodation I have ever stayed in! The rooms was extremely mouldy and smelt just terrible (see photo). I asked to be moved and the staff came to inspect and said they could not smell anything. Everything smelt of mould. The bedding smelt awful. The sheets were old an smelt mouldy the pillows were even older and smelt even worse - had to use a folded up jumper as a pillow. The bed was also like sleeping on a concrete slab and the blanket was just a thread bear slightly thicker sheet - similar to a sarong. I just could not wait to get out of the room.
The towels were so old and had stains all over them and they stunk - it was just horrible. You could not open the doors for the insects and defiantly not the front door as the gas bottle that was located directly outside our front door was leaking so there was a constant smell.

Although the room was bad the pool area was beautiful and the location was fantastic. The breakfast was basic but very nice - especially the juice . Unfortunately there was building under construction on either side which over looked the pool.

I would not recommend until they did a major upgrade. It is very unhealthy to stay here.

Room Tip: I would not recommend - But if you are staying I would inspect the room prior to committing - I have...
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Fantastic location, on Monkey Forest Road, close to Monkey Forest and right underneath the coolest reggae bar in UBUD. Good base hotel. Rooms look out onto the rain forest at the back of the property. It was beautiful to wake up to water and forest sounds every morning. Breakfast was lovely, grounds are lush and green with a small swimming pool. Staff are wonderful, helpful. Rooms are basic, bed linen clean with storage space. Just genuinely nice, have aircon, hot water, towels. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo