“wonderful Balinese experience”

Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was my first visit to Bali and I couldn't have chosen a better place than Ubud or a better hotel than the Puri Garden for my introduction to Balinese culture. The location as well as the wonderful atmosphere created by the garden setting made it ideal for me. The staff, especially the young man in reception, were very friendly helpful and informative adding vry much to the enjoyment of my holiday. I hope I get a chance to return to Ubud and if I do the Puri Garden will be my first choice for my accommodation

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter K
Purigarden, General Manager at Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Mr. Peter,

First of all, I would like to grateful your kind consideration to stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have a pleasant holiday in Ubud. Thank you very much for giving us an excellent review on tripadvisor. Your positive review would directly bring positive impact to the successful of our business. Once again, thank you and much appreciated for your kind attention and good review. I hope you will come back again next time and stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. Have a wonderful day..

Best regards,

Cokorda Raka Trisnu Yudhana
(General Manager)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

After stayed in kuta for 3 nights I spent another nights in Ubud before Sanur. I stayed at puri garden hotel ubud for 4 nights. The taxi driver told me about this hotel and he drove me directly to have a look the hotel room. The front desk staff was amazingly friendly showed me the room at the 1st floor with nice green garden and relaxing pool views. Even though the hotel is doing renovation at the swimming pool but I still can use the pool. The room was fine using Balinese decoration and wooden furniture, the bed was comfortable and the toilet was clean and tidy. The room boys have done their job well and they are extremely friendly. Breakfast was ok by choosing from the breakfast menu. Ubud climate was cooler than in kuta and sanur, sometime rain but not pouring. Monkey forest only 10 minutes walk from the hotel and Ubud market is only 30 minutes walk. Many shops, restaurants and a famous museum near the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cooper j
Purigarden, General Manager at Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Valued customer,

Glad to read your positive review and to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. We believe that the review you have posted at tripadvisor will be vry useful for us to evaluate our work performances and of course to measure of our service is reaching the guest satisfaction or not. On behalf of management, I would like to once again express our highest gratitude for your kind consideration to stay with us and for your positive comment regarding our hotel. We fervently hope that you will come back again next time to Ubud and stay again at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud.

Best regards,

Cokorda Raka Trisnu Yudhana
(General Manager)

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I and my wife stayed at puri garden hotel for one week and we enjoyed it very much. The location is not right in the center of Ubud but easy to go anywhere, many shops and restaurants near the hotel. This is a small but beautiful boutique hotel with nice and green garden view. Our room was near the pool and have green garden view. It has comfortable bed room and the toilet is clean though a little bit small but the housekeeping did very good job. We got new towels everyday and they refresh our room in the evening. We impressed with lovely staff who have been very helpful and friendly to us. Breakfast was good, we can choose any kind of food we want from the a la carte menu, the fresh juice was tasty too. We certainly will come back again next time and stay longer..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank langston j
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Water is very slow-hard to use it for bath, room is on high moist and smell, no view, bed cover is not dry so it comes with 'specific smell', price vs other hotel is less competitive. I have to move to another room for water-moist-smell issue

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank azimuth19
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Puri Garden Hotel. The location is great, right near Monkey Forest and within walking distance of some really nice restaurants. Unfortunately during our stay they were doing some improvements by the pool area but the staff handled it really well and appologised for the noise, of which there was little. The staff were a highlight of our stay and from the welcome drink until we left they made every effort to make you feel at home at this hotel. They were really efficient and whilst down at breakfast they would clean the room so as not to disturb our stay which we thought was a nice touch. The room was lovely and we appreciated the Balinese decor although, the bathroom is a little tired but did the job! Most mornings you would be given a menu with 3 sufficient choices which was ok, however for 2 mornings of our stay they provided a buffet breakfast which was not really up to standard. We enjoyed the service at this hotel so much that we extended our stay an extra two nights and would definately stay again!

Restaurant Tip : The mexican restaurant just round the corner was nice and reasonably priced and there is an Indian restaurant just down the road which does an all you can eat buffet every Wednesday

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs which allowed a little more privacy than downstairs although if I was travell...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayleigh O
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed here the first 2 nights after our arrival in Bali. We arranged for an airport pick up via the hotel, although we arrived with more than an hour delay the driver was there waiting for us. The room was nice and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They assisted me by calling the airport regarding our delayed luggage.

There is a nice pool (although we didn’t use it because of the delayed bags). Breakfast was in buffet style and ok, I have seen better and worse. The hotel is close to the Monkey Forrest (ca 10-15 minute walk) and also close (5-10 minute walk) to the Bebik Bengil (Dirty Duck) restaurant where they serve very tasty crispy duck.

It is a bit further away from the Mainstreet and Ubud Palace but also those are within walking distance (ca 30 minutes).

I would recommend this hotel for a stay from 1 to 3 nights, if you are looking for a place where you can spend your whole holiday I would look for something a bit more outside Ubud.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We have just come back from Bali and spent three nights at this hotel. The hotel has great friendly staff and is clean and adequate. All of the rooms over look the swimming pool. Whilst the rooms are clean they are a little on the small side and felt a little crammed in, mind you we did have a family of four in one room. Would be adequate for two persons.

Room Tip: Great Mexican restaurant across the road. We ate there two nights out of three. Must also try the Ec...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family