Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant
Villa Saraswati(Ubud)
US$169
US$157
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmonkey forestgreen gardenswimming poollovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotellocation is greatthree nightsrice paddybreakfast was includednice poolbalinese stylewelcome drinkfieldcarvingsackutacurtains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. The staff are all friendly and polite. The atmosphere is truly Balinese. During our stay, most guests are European/American, and could find only 4 Asian people including us.

The bedroom is good. Only the bathroom ceiling above the closet needs some repair; it has some black stains or mould, probably due to damp area. What's worse is the quality of the water, both coming from tap and for flushing the closet. It isn't clear, it's yellowish and it smells like chemical substance. We have to keep the bathroom closed to avoid smell from closet. We saw a device spraying some fragrance every several minutes, but it doesn't help a lot.

The breakfast is standard; fried rice, wheat flour noodle/rice flour noodle, bread, jam, sausage/egg, pancake, fruit, juice, tea, coffee. The 1st day was the wheat flour noodle (yellow), and the 2nd day it was replaced with rice flour/glass noodle (white). The taste of fried rice is okay, but the noodle needs more seasoning. The juice is fine.

The swimming pool is unattractive. It looks dark and we didn't see anyone swimming, just 2 people sunbathing.

Location is about 10' drive to Ubud center. Considering all above, I think it's overpriced.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Fransisca N
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We knew it would not be the Ritz for the money, but bless them, they were in the middle of a refurb and did not warn us!

The location was excellent, withing walking distance of the famous duck restaurt (must do) and the Pond Restaurant (must do).

The staff were lovelly and so helpful, but the management and training was non existant. The pool was not useable due to the re-furb and the tap water was yellow.

Due to the proximaty to the rice filed, Mosqitos were an issue and I had to ask for Mosi spray for the room as they did not think to do it themselves. I had to ask for towels every day as they took the used ones but did not replace them. They were deliver straight away with a smile. On the last day, we had an ealry start and they kindly servred us al a carte breakfast at 06.00. Kind people.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back as they have showers not a bath!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NiallTNT
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Due my job I have to travel a lot and I have seen many hotels but never one with so much charme and the best staff I've ever meet. The whole team is very warm hearted, unbelievable friendly and our stay was just a dream. You feel from the first second of your arrival that you are in a paradise and in a familiarly invoirement - special thanks to the team, especially to Budda, Eco, Daisy and all others in the purisunia team. The cuisine is gault mileau neveau, the quality of the spa and the treatments are better than in a 4 seasons. The puri sunia is the best place I've visited in 15 years Asia experience and over 18 trips to this magic continent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mschrofe
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was my first visit to Bali and I couldn't have chosen a better place than Ubud or a better hotel than the Puri Garden for my introduction to Balinese culture. The location as well as the wonderful atmosphere created by the garden setting made it ideal for me. The staff, especially the young man in reception, were very friendly helpful and informative adding vry much to the enjoyment of my holiday. I hope I get a chance to return to Ubud and if I do the Puri Garden will be my first choice for my accommodation

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter K
Purigarden, General Manager at Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Mr. Peter,

First of all, I would like to grateful your kind consideration to stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have a pleasant holiday in Ubud. Thank you very much for giving us an excellent review on tripadvisor. Your positive review would directly bring positive impact to the successful of our business. Once again, thank you and much appreciated for your kind attention and good review. I hope you will come back again next time and stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. Have a wonderful day..

Best regards,

Cokorda Raka Trisnu Yudhana
(General Manager)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

After stayed in kuta for 3 nights I spent another nights in Ubud before Sanur. I stayed at puri garden hotel ubud for 4 nights. The taxi driver told me about this hotel and he drove me directly to have a look the hotel room. The front desk staff was amazingly friendly showed me the room at the 1st floor with nice green garden and relaxing pool views. Even though the hotel is doing renovation at the swimming pool but I still can use the pool. The room was fine using Balinese decoration and wooden furniture, the bed was comfortable and the toilet was clean and tidy. The room boys have done their job well and they are extremely friendly. Breakfast was ok by choosing from the breakfast menu. Ubud climate was cooler than in kuta and sanur, sometime rain but not pouring. Monkey forest only 10 minutes walk from the hotel and Ubud market is only 30 minutes walk. Many shops, restaurants and a famous museum near the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cooper j
Purigarden, General Manager at Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Valued customer,

Glad to read your positive review and to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. We believe that the review you have posted at tripadvisor will be vry useful for us to evaluate our work performances and of course to measure of our service is reaching the guest satisfaction or not. On behalf of management, I would like to once again express our highest gratitude for your kind consideration to stay with us and for your positive comment regarding our hotel. We fervently hope that you will come back again next time to Ubud and stay again at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud.

Best regards,