I traveled to Bali as part of a group and this was my most favorite hotel throughout my entire stay. From the street you wouldn't think of the hotel as much, but it's a different story once you get inside. The front desk is beneath a roof but for the most part is open on all sides. There are orchids hanging over the walkway that separates the reception area from the dining hall. The staff was extremely friendly and helped everyone get checked into their room as seamlessly as possible.
#1 The cutest touch came when I was given my key. They placed it inside of an envelope handwritten with my name that had been stapled with a leaf and beautiful orchid. Clearly someone took the time to make the simple arrangement and staple it to more than ten individual envelopes. I love little touches like that. #2 To get to my room I had to pass a path surrounded by trees and walk next to a beautiful garden pool. Some members of my group quickly dropped off their luggage and went for a dip. #3 I personally loved my room, despite its relatively small size. The furnishings were modern and I felt comfortable for the night. #4 My room overlooked a rice field in the back and I found it incredibly peaceful. At night the moon shone into my room and it couldn't have been anymore soothing. #5 The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, which in turn is at the start of Monkey Forest Street. Monkey Forest Street is where you can find some pretty cool stores, restaurants, and even good spas or storefronts that offer reasonably priced massages. #6 There are several currency exchanges along the route and their rates were pretty good. In fact, the currency exchange I found there gave me one of the highest rates throughout my stay. #7 I ordered a pineapple pancake for breakfast and although it was delicious, I had to wait quite a while. Just make sure you know that in case you're in a hurry. Fortunately they put it in a box for me to take onto the tour bus when I left. #8 Two sets of women in my group were unfortunate to be placed in a room with a water flood. Management promptly switched them to a dry room. #9 I got to speak with the owner who explained that his son was the one running the place. Is there room for improvement? There always is but I can't think of anything for which I would like to complain. The owner, his son and all of their employees were friendly, kind and extremely helpful. I would absolutely stay at Puri Garden should I ever return to Bali on my own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Garden Hotel & Hostel is the perfect little getaway for a cultural, relaxing and fun stay in the heart of Bali’s village of Ubud. It is well known for its majestic sceneries, unique culture and tradition. Located on Pengosekan Street, in the foothills of Ubud village, Puri Garden is just 5/10-minute walk from all the main Ubud’s attractions: Arma Museum, Monkey Forest, Yoga Barn, markets, galleries, restaurants and 60 minute drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport. (airport shuttle is available). Our hotel has 23 beautiful rooms offering that authentic Balinese feel with a modern touch. We are currently renovating to ensure you have a satisfying stay with us. If you feel like being more social in your stay, then check out our 4 dorm rooms with 32 beds in total. The tranquil beauty of our garden offers time to relax in our hammocks or lay in the grass next to the beautiful giant Buddha. For a yoga session or even a sneaky cocktail or refreshing Bintang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Garden Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Puri Garden
- Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant Ubud, Bali