“Finger licking! A must try for rib lovers”

Naughty Nuri's Warung and Grill
Ranked #105 of 769 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Finger licking! A must try for rib lovers”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

That ribs are really oh my FOOD ORGASM! the best ribs I've ever had. Have to have the best as this anywhere in Malaysia!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Martinis in Ubud!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had been to Naughty Nuri's every time I come to Bali, and always enjoyed having a drink there with the owner Brian with his great personality and his many stories. But I had heard that he passed away about a year ago, so I was interested to see whether the place had changed or not. Some people had told me it wasn't the same any more. But I was delighted to see that it hasn't changed at all. The friendly staff remembered me from previous visits, the ribs were fantastic and flavoursome and the meat just fell off the bone, and the hot chips were wonderful! The beer was fresh and very cold, and I got to sit at the old table where Brian used to hold court. There were some tourists there from Amsterdam, Perth and New York, and it was most interesting to hear their stories. I think I was also lucky because there were a couple of local expats there - one hippy looking guy from the US who makes wildlife films in Asia, and another from Hawaii who gets involved in building luxurious villas in Bali and other places around the world. They said they had lived in Ubud for 20 years, and they were great characters and a lot of fun. They were drinking martinis and said they were great, but I was a bit worried because I had heard stories of bad liquor in Bali. They assured me there was no problem at Naughty Nuri's, so I asked the staff to show me the Vodka bottle, and it was indeed top shelf Russian vodka. I enjoyed two martinis, got a nice little buzz, and went back to my accommodation. They were the best martinis I have ever had, outside New York! Although I missed the laughs with Brian (his wife Nuri wasn't there that day), I will definitely continue to come back to Naughty Nuri's every time I can.

3 Thank Margaret C
Seminyak, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor service”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The food is very good but the service not really good and we waste our time just to get the table and share it with others peoples.

1 Thank r3b0rn
Washington, DC
“GREAT American style ribs in Bali - who knew?”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I felt a little guilty for going to an American style rib joint on the other side of the planet from Kansas City, but oh my, have they got it right here. Not cheap by Bali standards, but worth it. Get the baby back ribs and the crispy potato chips.

• Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

One of the ribs in town! It was very crowded during dinner time, so my sister and I decided pack and go since the hotel we stayed was nearby. Waiting time was around 20 mintues and ribs is still good eating in the hotel room. Satay is kind of disappointing, the pork chop is also good.

• Visited June 2013