“A to do list in Bali”

Bali Bike Baik Cycling Tours
Ranked #12 of 183 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bali Cycling Tours, Discover the REAL Bali. Off The Beaten Track, 100% Owned and Proudly Operated by Balinese The Authentic Ecological and Cultural Adventure Tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 May 2014

It was lovely biking with them. Everything is well operated and the tour leader who was with us (a group of 9; family & solo travelers), sorry could not remember his name.He was so attentive, energetic and informative, would always make sure everyone of us were taken care of. I got a problem with the bicycle chain middle of the way, the truck full of the spare bike was just reached me in few minutes to let me change the bike. The lunch at Wayan's house was one of the best Indonesian food I tasted in Bali!

There are newer reviews for Bali Bike Baik Cycling Tours

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been on this wonderful bike ride through Bali 5 times now. This is by far the best experience you can have in Bali. You get to experience the local culture and magnificent scenery. Bali Biak is an amazing company that is Balinese owned and run. The company help sponsor the local school and do very good works in the community. They are highly professional and treat you so well, caring for your safety and stopping to give local history or to introduce you to locals. They will pick up anywhere, are always on time and professional, friendly and kind. I have taken many groups on this trip, biggest 27 and all loved it and said it was best experienced. The food is amazing and everyone says the best meal they have eaten. I bring groups to Bali regularly and am always confident Bali Biak will make sure it's a great experience. I constantly recommend to all my friends and they all love this experience. Little things like unlimited bottled water, ice cold towels when finished riding and time to make you feel happy are all part of the service. It's a joy riding through the villages with the children calling out to say hello and locals smiling- all very special. Wayan the owner makes a huge effort to ensure you are happy and even gives a tour of their family compound. It is easy to book a tour on line and they are prompt in replying and assisting with booking. The service, care and support every time I have used thus company has been exceptional! Highly recommend! I will continue to bring groups to Bali and Bali Biak will always be first on my list for excellent Bali experience. Also the ride is very easy for all ages and bikes are excellent and well cared for. Make sure you stay for lunch which is a highlight of traditional food. If you can't ride a bike travel behind in the van which is also a great way to see real Bali! Enjoy a magnificent cultural experience!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went with 4 adult for a half a day cycling tour. The cycling is very easy, most is down hill. The tour guide has plenty of water in case you need it.The bikes are ok and the tour guide is very helpful. The tour starts around 9 with pickup from your hotel and finishes with a lunch at the owners place around 1pm. Very good lunch with lots of authentic Indonesian food. Thanks I Wayan Sujana! We enjoyed the tour and your hospitality!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I'm not in shape at all and they were wonderful. It was easy, it was informative, it was so enjoyable. We had a great guide, the funny one-pronounced NewMan. The view along the route by the rice fields is breathtaking. The bikes were good. There are two area that are a little steep. Our guide knew I wouldn't be able to ride up it so he stopped with me and we walked up the short area that was steep, he even pushed my bike for me. We had a delicious Balinese lunch, got to thrash rice, saw the volcano across the road. Just a wonderful day all the way around!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided to do a bike tour with this company as we had used it before and it was excellent.
This time we were disappointed. The biggest disappointment was that some of the bikes were not in the best condition. They all look OK so when you choose your bike at the start of the tour, you don't know that the gears are ruined. We started doing lots of down hill riding and that was great fun - but then there were a few steep hills to ride up - and that's when I discovered that the gears on my bike were stuck. Another lady on the tour changed bikes three times - and still had no gears. When I emailed the owner to tell him of my problem, I got accused of being a liar, told that he would send my email to everyone on the tour that day to let them know what I was saying, and that I didn't know how to ride a bike!!!! We have done heaps of bike tours - for up to 6 weeks at a time, so I DO know how to ride a bike.
The cultural side of the tour was the usual, the coffee plantation, the rice fields, the screaming school kids demanding money when their photos were taken, all quite interesting.
The lunch was barely OK, most of the food was quite cold, and there was little variety in the vegetarian food. The toilets were grubby - and the one I used was not anchored to the floor. I wouldn't recommend this company. Try Eco Bikes instead.

2  Thank Scottydancer