“A unique experience like no other”
Review of Michi Retreat

and 1 more site!
Michi Retreat
Ranked #178 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Perth, United Kingdom
“A unique experience like no other”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I never write reviews online for anything. Ever. But Michi has touched me with its atmosphere and potential that artists are going to invest into rebuilding this space into not only an amazing resort stay but an artist retreat and village for those to go and be inspired. It already holds such strong spirit and creative energy. The professor is amazingly welcoming and I cannot recommend it more highly for a truly unique and inspiring travel experience. Blown away. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esteban E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We wandered into the Michi retreat without knowing what to expect and were absolutely blown away. It's a magical place - inspiring, relaxing, very quirky. Professor Kung is one of a kind, the highlight of our holiday in Bali hands down.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Charly F
Hausen bei Wurzburg, Germany
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say that michi retreat has been the best hotel me and my girlfriend have ever been to. Michi retreat seems like paradise. And Professor dk is such an interesting person and great host. I urge everyone to go there. It was beautiful

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank angusschorsch
Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This magical retreat is a wonderful place to escape from everything. The pool is set in a stunning art deco inspired patio and each room reflects a different creative style. The restaurant serves up cuisine as delicious as it is eclectic inspired by an owner who has made the world his home. Wonderful place, a pleasure to stay here, would recommend it whole heartedly to any free spirit or creative.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mgmckeon925
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Michi. I got a great massage and facial when I first arrived, and the massage room is open-air and looks out over the rice terraces. Such a beautiful view. The masseuse even set out a bowl of water with some floating flowers under the table where my face looked down to the ground. It was so lovely when I'd open my eyes during the massage and see it. And the price was around 200,000 rupiah -- totally affordable for such a great massage and facial. The place is very eclectic, which suits my taste. I found the property to be an adult-sized maze that I thoroughly enjoyed exploring. I spent some time down by the river, which was gorgeous. I also had one of the staff members show me how to get to the beautiful rice terraces that sit just across the river from the retreat (spectacular views, no matter where you are!). The trek to get to the terraces was an adventure in itself. I highly recommend it for some morning exercise. Beautiful. "The Professor," who owns the property, stopped by my room the evening I arrived and invited me to his home to sit and chat and have some cake and ice cream. I went over later that night, and he was a lovely host -- such an adorable man and very intelligent!. I really appreciated the hospitality. Oh, and the room. I didn't actually get the room I had requested, but they put me in the Mekong Suite, and I loved it. I felt like I was in a museum where I could actually touch and admire each piece up close. I spent a lot of time just walking around the room and admiring the art.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mstein327
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 15 July 2013

you can expect an eclectic setting and environment that is peaceful, comforting and enlivening. Each room is different with a theme, they have great massage, Yoga, local cultural shows from time to time and homely delicious food. Interesting clientele as well, as this intelligently planned level of retreat attracts artists, intellectuals, and those interested in holistic well being. If you are looking for a getaway to recharge this is it! If you are intolerant and expecting a c

Room Tip: ask to advise on what style of room you prefer as they are incredibly varied. I have tried Japanese...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

We are a family travelling with friends and Michi had been recommended to us as nice but a bit trippy. If you are tired of the usual resort formula and are looking of something a bit different then give Michi a try. We stayed in the Nostalgia suit and our friends stayed in the Feng Sui room. There were many rounds of OMG when we arrived, have never seen a resort quite like it. It's a bit gaudi and a bit George pompadou gallery, visually you are spoilt as there is the art of the resort then the river then the terraced rice paddies. It's quite an amazing place and obviously a lot of thought and hard work went into its construction. That said it needs some work, just a bit of a freshen up, maybe some bedside tables. But otherwise it's one of those places you will never forget!

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends