“Nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of LadyBamboo Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
LadyBamboo Villa
Ranked #53 of 513 Ubud B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Lady Bamboo has a good location and is quiet, nice garden and pool. Rooms are nice, In the afternoon they serve you afternoon tea, which is nice. I would stay here again. The only problem I had were the froggs "singing" at the night time, they were quite noisy. I would stay here again if I go to Ubud

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Lady Bamboo is a perfectly beautiful B & B that is secluded down a quiet lane yet close to all of the action in Ubud! Easy walk to shopping and restaurants. Within walking distance of rice paddies and viewing the distant volcano. Lovely spacious room, beautiful pool and lush landscaping! Absolutely wonderful in every way. Breakfast was a treat each day and the hosts are friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cr8joy
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

This quite hotel is placed in the center of Ubud. I enjoyed the nice balinese rooms and the pool surrounded by a lovely garten.
Staff was very pleasant and organised trips and supported the contact to other guest.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Claudia U
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Just came back from our southeast asia tour.
We`ve been in Lady Bamboo as our first address in Bali. We felt home from the very first moment. Very nice room, lovely atmosphere, excellent food in taste and quality and a lot of nice and good informations from Lambert.
We made a visit to an organic chocolate fabric, to Green School, a bike trip to the rice fields and so on, all organiced of Lambert.
Very international people from, Australia, China, Germany, Iran, America, and so on.
A wonderful cooking event as the base of a Christmas dinner, where everybody was participating. Very nice idea!
Planning to stay just 3 days at the beginning, we ended up with 7 nights and came back for 2 more nights after 2 weeks traveling throughout Bali.
An excellent recommendation!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Radolfzell
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Villa Ladybamboo is ducking in a nice quiet little corner of Ubud. The garden is very small but marvellous and full of plants, feels like being inmidst of a rain forrest. Astonishing how much privacy it gives for the rooms. Rooms are spacious and equipped with a lot of technical extras. But who comes for holidays just to watch movies on DVD? Unfortunately no tea kitchen. Extremely clean and cleaned every day.

When I arrived from a lengthy transfer I asked for a restroom but had to fill in the registration forms first. And have my welcome drink. I asked again for toilet but still they wanted to know how I intend to pay, cash or credit card. By the time I hadn't seen my room nor had my luggage been brought to. Strange, pay before you have seen the room. Then I was asked to select the recipes I would like to cook at the cooking class next day. Going to toilet getting urgent ...

I had asked for a quiet room in advance and got the one next to the restaurant. After complaint I was transferred to a different room without terrasse, but open bath room close to the spa. Unfortunately the spa is used as office at the same time. Very noisy, loud telephone calls, video conferences.

The pool was undergoing a chemical cleaning process and was not for use at the moment. Anyway it didn't look inviting.

The breakfast was tasty and sufficient, buffet style, 8-10, which is a bit late for me.
Sometime snacks are served in the afternoon and they are yummy, yummy very tasty.

The cooking classes took place in a different building two streets further down. Excellent kitchen equipment and lucky us our group was so funny and entertaining that afterwards we all went out together for lunch, dinner, activities for the rest of our stays. I must confess, that I didn't learn too much since our instructor didn't speak too much English and didn't understand our questions nor did she know the names of the ingredients. And part of the recipes she did wrong but were corrected by the manager Reki later on after one of us asked.

Couples are granted a discount for cooking classes if one of them contributes a dish from their home country. This is not granted to single travelers and the reason: Because they are disadvantaged everywhere and this is why here as well.

Rooms in Villa Ladybamboo are high priced, garden is small, pool not inviting. But you can have excellent bungalows for half price or less, as quiet and with bigger garden around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank mofin
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Lady Bamboo is a quiet paradise, yet so close to town. Great that when I got hot from wandering around town I could duck back for a swim, then go off wandering again. As a solo traveller I found Lady Bamboo perfect for my needs, I was very well looked after. Staff were very polite and helpful, and the grounds beautifully kept. I had a massage booked elsewhere and when they failed to pick me up, Reki was immediately onto it and reorganised me another one, and even got one of her staff to take me there. Service was attentive without being intrusive. It is small, but I liked it that way as it is alot more personal than a big resort.I often sat around the breakfast table talking to the owners. Rooms were clean and spacious, the only thing I could have wished for was a fridge.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Claire C
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I recently had the pleasure of returning to LadyBamboo Villa . I found this gem 2 years ago when I was travelling around Bali with my daughter. I was delighted that they could accommodate my friend and I for our 5 night stay in beautiful Ubud at the end of our 12 day Bali adventure. Reki the owner welcomed me like an old friend and arranged for a welcome dinner poolside. Unfortunately I left the booking arrangements a little late and was unable to get the same room I had last time with the lovely outdoor bathroom. We stayed in one of the newer rooms which are large, furnished with comfy beds and decorated charmingly. The "villa" is located on a small side street right off the main street, within east walking distance to the main attractions. The staff were terrific at taking care of all our requests from overnight laundry to restaurant and last minute excursion bookings. A yummy breakfast is served " family style" giving the guests a chance to chat and exchange travel tips. We pampered ourselves on the last morning with a massage at the new in house spa.This was my second stay with "the lady" but fingers crossed it won't be the last.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends