“No better place to stay in Ubud!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of LadyBamboo Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
LadyBamboo Villa
Ranked #55 of 512 Ubud B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“No better place to stay in Ubud!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This lovely little hotel in the center of Ubud provides clean, nicely decorated spacious rooms with several extras: very comfortable mattresses, in-room library, apple tv, iPod docking station, playstation and outdoor bathrooms (optional). The nice pool is very pleasant after a hot and long explorer tour. Every afternoon at 4 pm is tea time with complimentary herbal tea and a home made snack. Breakfast is served as buffet but you can order a la carte additionally. The german host Lambert and his indonesian wife Reky go all the way to make their guests happy! They offer
E-bike tours themselves or help booking tours by other operators. To get an idea what to do in Ubud there are several iPads at hand to have a look at photographs and videos. Reky offers cooking classes and is currently writing her first cook book. And if all this is not enough: get a massage at their little outdoor spa! I never received a better one (and I had many already!!!)

• Stayed November 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had an awesome time staying at Ladybamboo Villa during our honeymoon. This place is really really neat! It is clean, it is cosy, it is pefectly located in central Ubud, the staff is super friendly, the breakfast is great and what we enjoyed the most the hosts had a lot of good ideas what to do and how to organize it. We took a cooking class which was awesome, we did a tracking tour on a volcano and also enjoyed a great eBike tour.

If you are looking for something special this is definitely the place you want to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
newcastle,Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

As soon as we arrived we knew we were in for a relaxing & peaceful experience. After walking thru the Balinese carved timber door entrance, and strolled through the lovely garden with meandering stone pathway, we felt at ease straight away. We had booked the riverside suite room and so glad we did. A lovely huge room with massive windows & shutters that created a cool breeze-way thru our room, and for the whole week did not need to use the Air Conditioner. The bathroom was also generous in size with a large tiled spa Bath, honeymoon sized Shower and double basin / vanity area. Of an evening you the sound of crickets, frogs and night birds just add that something special and help you to drift off to sleep easily. At dawn you are again greeted with the sounds of the Bamboo forest coming alive with sweet bird sounds chirping gently and happily to greet the new day. Our host Reki is a delight and ensures you have all that you need to enjoy your stay. She also sits with the guests during breakfast so it really feels more like a home-stay, but doesn't encroach on your personal space. The staff whip up a great breakfast every morning which does vary slightly and you are never left hungry or unsatisfied. It is only a short stroll (3-4 minutes) to get to the main street Jalan Raya, so it is so handy to everything, but also so quiet and private. The Pool is excellent, not too small and always kept clean to enjoy all day & night. Reki also does regular Cooking classes for the guests if that interest you, including an early morning trip to the market followed by cooking tuition and a great meal to enjoy after. We went in the 1st week of September , and Ubud wasn't too busy and the temperature was just perfect, sometimes a bit too cool which sounds strange for Bali, but is a nice cool change. Also enjoyed a great night out at The Jazz Cafe, and many other great restaurants nearby... So Ssshhh don't tell too many friends how fantastic Ladybamboo Villa is,..ok?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank miltcotty
Whangarei, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at Lady Bamboo for seven nights and books three rooms as we were having a family reunion. I've been to Bali several times before and chose this hotel because of its excellent location, close to the centre of Ubud but down a pleasant little street called Jl. Kajeng which is a one way street so it doesn't have the traffic of other parts of Ubud. Down the end of the road there is a track through the rice fields. There are also several great restaurants along Jl. Kajeng. I'd recommend Rumah Roda for their buffet nights, great value and wonderful staff. I have a mixed opinion about Lady Bamboo ... the rooms were large, nicely decorated and comfortable. I would have liked the cleaning to be a little more thorough however. Because of the dense vegetation in front of the rooms they are quite dark, we had our lights on during the day and evenings when we were in our room. The rooms face each other so the noises echo quite loudly ... people talking outside their rooms at night, kids crying (our situation as we were travelling with a baby and 2 year old) etc. The pool is nice and deep, quite cold though as it is shaded most of the day. The staff were lovely, the breakfasts the best we experienced in Bali (buffet), in the afternoon tea and snacks were served by the pool. The German owner did make us feel uncomfortable regarding the noise our kids made and perhaps should have a 'no kids under 3' policy so that other guests wouldn't be disturbed. It is very hard to stop kids from making noises/crying and we ended up feeling paranoid every time our children made a noise. One night our two year old fell out of her bed and cracked her chin on the tile floor. Instead of asking what happened or if everything was ok, we overheard the owner instead complaining about our kids crying to the other guests. Other resorts/bungalows we stayed at didn't have a problem with our children at all, in fact they embraced them and made us all feel completely at home, so that is why I would recommend Lady Bamboo to perhaps have an age limit of their guests so our situation isn't repeated.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Balicherub
AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a great time at LadyBamboo. The location is hidden away and quiet, great for a short or long break. Close to all shopping but far enough away to be very quiet. Plenty of local restaurants close by to try various dishes. The staff could not have been more helpful. Breakfast time was busy with guests but always ran smoothly. With all the foliage around, our rooms had semi private landing for reading and relaxing after the days walking etc. The rooms were clean with a homely touch of pictures and flowers.Lambert knows the area well and gives an authoritative tone to any question asked. Our highlight was a trip the see the Elephants in Taro which was only a 30 or so minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Room I stayed in (Garden Suite) was really lovely and the interior was nice and decorated with taste. The breakfast was really delicious. Homemade bread, pancakes and a fresh fruit salad was my daily choice and I can just recommend it. The Accommodation's big plus is the location. It is an oasis of tranquility and in the middle of the heart of Ubud. You can reach everything within minutes on foot, inside the Ladybamboo campound you feel like you are in the middle of nature and not like downtown Ubud.

I just had a small problem with my bathroom when the shower wasn't draining properly and the staff solved the problem immediately. They were also really helpful with recommendations of what I can do in Ubud and its surroundings. I decided to do the “Batur sunrise trekking” and a “E-Bike-Tour” with my girlfriend. It was awesome, the Batur trekking was really impressive hiking up the volcano and seeing the impressive view of the sunrise above the clouds, spectacular.

The E-Bike-Tour was really informative about the traditions and the fauna and flora in Bali and surely one of the best ways to experience Bali’s wonderful nature and culture. You can choose different routes. I choose the trip starting from hills of Bedugul through the famous rice terraces of Jatiluwih and through small alleys and ricefields back to Ubud. A unique trip which I can highly recommend. After that I came back to my beloved ‘home away from home’, took a SPA-treatment and got into the pool to relax my body from the tour. Felt like I was newly born. The staff was always there but you didn’t feel their presence until you needed them. Always helpful and open minded.

As a conclusion I can say that the Ladybamboo Villa is a special place in Ubud, where the customer feels important and where the staff is customer orientated. Business is not everything here. If you want you can join the familiar atmosphere or be by yourself in privacy. Of course we are already planning to go back there!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barca V
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

A friend asked me a few month ago about eBikes - I was laughing and said I'm too young for that (and in too good shape I was thinking by myself). So when I stayed in the Ladybamboo this March I booked a wonderful guided 'normal' bicycle tour downhill with them and enjoyed it a lot - except the only uphill during the tour. When Ammi offered me a tour with those first class Riese and Mueller E-bikes I gave it a second thought and booked myself for a personal guided tour with the Balinese guide Ketut. Even my wife joined me on the tour as she was the first time not afraid, that I will be too much ahead:-).

And I have to admit: We are convinced and have never used a normal bike ever since, touring right now Central Europe by eBike. Without the Ladybamboo this would not have happened, thanks a lot! Especially the mountains and heat of Bali make them to a perfect vehicle to explore the sounds and sights of this wonderful island. Biking seems also a better way to protect the environment of this jewel, which suffers heavily from all those cars and motorbikes - but with a guide it still seems easy to find wonderful lanes off the beaten track.

Besides that I was as always feeling great in the Ladybamboo Villa, with whatever wish and complain you come forward they will try their best to take care of you and give one of the best personalized services I have come across traveling this little world. I have some special food requirements and they cook their fantastic dishes according to me personal needs, alone this a a very important reason to stay with them. And they surprise me every time with some improvements as reported above, but did I mention their own SPA? Heaven on earth especially after a bike tour or hiking the nearby Batur vulcano. All in all for me clearly the best place in town - and we come to Bali since many, many years. Looking forward to come back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: My mom liked especially the Junior Suite next to the Spa. Smaller than the other, but perfect for a...