See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2016

This review is coming very late as we visited over a year ago, but it had always been my intention to post a review - just some family matters got in the way. Better late than never, though! LadyBamboo is operated by Reki and her husband and the other lovely staff members who go out of their way to make you feel at home. We stayed over Xmas 2014 (see, I know I’m late – sorry, Reki!) and we enjoyed the great fun of having a Balinese cooking lesson on Xmas morning to help prepare Xmas dinner for that evening. It was great fun and a good way to get to know some of the other guests that we would be dining with that evening. Both my husband and I are vegetarian and were very well looked after on that front. Despite the fact that Reki is not keen on mopeds for environmental reasons, we did decide to hire one and it was a fabulous way to see the surrounding area (Hint - we had an international licence and motorbike licence from Australia and were stopped by police only once and had no trouble with them at all on viewing our valid licences.) We stayed in the Riverside Suite at LadyBamboo and it was lovely. I was concerned at first that it might be noisy as it is right beside the pool, but we had no problems with that at all. The room is massive and has a huge bathroom attached and a little patio area outside. The staff were lovely and make your breakfast to order every morning. It works on an honesty system, so you can get lunch/snacks/ take drinks from the fridge and just pay for it all at the end of your stay. We were just looking at some holiday photos and it inspired me to get on to write this review. It was a fantastic way to spend Xmas away from home and thoroughly recommend it. I can't wait for my next visit to Bali and will definitely be dropping by LadyBamboo Villa again. Thanks for a great holiday!

Room Tip: We had the Riverside Suite, but any suites would be good.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

This place was absolutely perfect! The staff was so helpful, breakfast great, very clean, safe location (a few minutes away from the main roads), very peaceful and quiet. I booked my stay as a solo traveler and I felt like in a family. Great value for your money.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

This is our 4th stay at the stunning LadyBamboo Villa in Ubud.
Why do we keep coming back here?
These are the reasons:
-Wonderful friendly and attentive staff that make us feel like family.
-Absolutely fantastic, tasty traditional Balinese meals.
-Lovely big family room with 4 beds and gorgeous outdoor bathroom.
-Its location...short walk to centre of Ubud but also minutes from lovely paddy field walk.
-Beautiful peaceful garden and pool area.
-Relaxing massages overlooking the river.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank AMANDA F
Reviewed 18 December 2015

I stayed at Lady Bamboo for 5 nights in a Garden Suite and was really pleased about the place. Lambert and bis team set up a very individual hidden place with everything you need for a relaxing vacation. I enjoyed various activities like guided E-Bike Ride for sunset or an early morning tour to a Volcano. I loved the walk through the ricefield and was lucky to witness one of the famous Balinese ceremonies.
The oil massage at the spa was the best I had for years. Food was excellent and the pool is a true refresher.

The hotel is situated in the heart of Ubud in a quiet street that leads to the main street with many restaurants, bars and cultural highlights.
I recommend this quiet place to couples or singles who are looking for an individual place with family feeling and a lot of activities besides the traditional tourist attractions.

Room Tip: Garden Suite or River Suite
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Super friendly staff, huge rooms, nice facilities. The room we stayed in was great for three people, large bathroom. The room had a nice entertainment corner with an Apple TV filled with movies. Room asking had laundry sink as well as a fridge and safe.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family