Jati Home Stay
US$126
Travelocity
US$367
Cancelon
All reviewsricehanoman streetfamily compoundnice balconyrooms are cleanwifi connectionbalcony overlookingcomfortable staycentral locationevery morningubud markethome away from homemonkey foreststayed here for nightsdewabamboohomestay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here just a single night in April 2012. Very quiet and ideally located in the heart of Ubud. Cheap clean basic rooms, hot water, air con, decent breakfast. Your view when you walk out is of rice fields. Excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank didyouknow213
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I found Jati Homestay online and booked for two months, sight unseen. I have been here three weeks and I am extremely pleased with my choice. People staying for a month or more have free transport from the airport. Putu met my flight at midnight! The ride back to Ubud takes about an hour depending upon traffic. If you are staying for less than a month plan to pay for the airport pick-up. It is 200,000 Rh. per person.

My room on the second floor is spacious and clean with a king bed. All the rooms have a private balcony or private patio that overlook the rice field with the jungle bordering on the far side. There is a picturesque canal with koi fish and bubbling water. Breakfast is included with the room fee and the menu repeats every 5 days. There is always a fruit plate of papaya, pineapple and banana included with either an egg sandwich, a fruit-stuffed crepe, French toast, etc.

Dewa and Putu are the hosts at breakfast and both speak English fluently. Dewa is a wealth of information regarding the Balinese culture, and he is both gracious and engaging. He offers guided tours to amazing sites all over the island at excellent prices. Dewa's father, Mr. Jati, is a famous Balinese artist and his on-site gallery is open most days. He, too, is a delightful source of information.

Jati Homestay has all the basics for a delightful stay in Ubud. It takes me 15 minutes to walk to the Yoga Barn, Monkey Forest, or the big Ubud market. The central location is perfect. The rooms have fans and I have rarely needed to use it for sleeping. The large screened windows allow the cooler night air to circulate and the sounds of nature to lull me to sleep. My bed is exceptionally comfortable! In the morning no alarm clock is needed as the cocks start crowing early!

I appreciate the wifi connection and my room is closest to the office so I have a strong signal 24 hours/day. I highly recommend Jati Homestay whether you stay one night or much longer.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have vaulted ceilings that expand the feeling of spaciousness.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed in Jati Homestay in december 2011 for 6 nights. The location is very nice and quiet with a view on the ricefields. The rooms are basic and large with balcon or terras only the bamboo walls and very thin but we like the style of the bamboo rooms. The location is perfect and near by the Monkey Forest in Ubud. The price for the rooms are acceptable. Cleaning the rooms can better but you have all you need. You have free Wi fi and when you need a laptop you can used the laptop of Dewa. The breakfast is enough and when you wants more you can ask Ayu or Putu. The owner Dewa picked us up at the airport en Denpasar and brought us to Jati Homestay.

Dewa is an excellent tripadvisor when you ask him for advice for a tour. You can also make a trip with him as tourleader. He knows Bali very good and he drives us two days surroundings east Bali. Also you can ask him for good (cheap) restaurants in Ubud for a good price and he is always willing to bring you. In January we stayed in a luxery hotel on Java but we missing Jati Homestay.

We had a wonderful time in Jati Homestay and when we go back we are sure to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed at jati for 2 nights and i find the location was good. Since i did not engadge them for tour, therefore i did not get to communicate with them often. I met dewa when i arrived and as always he was warm and welcoming. This is my 2nd time dealing with dewa and i find that putu and ayu the 2 people running the place were not that friendly but they did whats need to be done. I think they would be friendlier if you make tour arrangements through them. Overall the place is great for value of money, the location is good too.

Room Tip: Room no. 6 is good but no bathtub.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed at Jati Homestay for five days. The rooms are very basic, but it's really all that you need when you are busy during the day exploring Ubud. Next time I will bring my "travel sheets" or sleep sack because the sheets are very old. The bamboo walls are very thin and you can hear the people in the other rooms, but i'd read the reviews and was expecting this so it was no big deal. We purchased the Adventure Highlights package and it was well worth the money. Dewa, the manager, picked us up in Kuta and brought us to the homestay. He explained our options and was very flexible. For 3 nights and 4 days of activities the total price was about $150 American dollars, including our stay and breakfast. I would definitely stay at Jati Homestay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends