My wife and I stayed in the upstairs studio for part of our honeymoon. The villa was simple and spacious with great views. The staircase took us down to a small pool and garden for just ourselves. The villa was great but in general the place is extremely well kept with great detail. Breakfast was great every morning, American style. They will pretty much bring you whatever you want.
What really set this place to another level were the people that worked there. They were so nice and genuine, ready and willing to accommodate any need. They set up several activities for us including white water rafting and a full day trip to the Northwest part if the island for diving. I highly recommend both. The trip to go diving was around 3 hours each way but totally amazing in every way. The driver was with us for over 12 hours stopping wherever and whenever we wanted for an unbelievably inexpensive price.
My only concern when booking this villa was that is was far from the main town. This turned out to be a non issue. They will drop you off and pick you up from anywhere in town, up to a certain time, even give you a phone to call them. If you want to stay out late every night maybe you should stay in town but I think you can get a taxi for just a few bucks. We are the type that usually has at least a couple of late nights but Ubud really wasn't about that for us.
Our stay was actually in July 2012, the tripadvisor app would not let me enter the date that far back. Review is long overdue but I truly owe it to them for making my stay so amazing and memorable .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali