A Luxury Villa in Paradise
We stayed at the Villa Agung Khalia in Ubud for six nights in August and found it to be everything we ever dreamed that Bali would be. It is located about 15 minutes from the town center in a beautiful rice field. At first we had a hard time deciding on the convenience of town center or the beauty of the countryside. Boy, did we decide right. The Villa is wonderful and the staff is even more wonderful. They will make your trip to Bali even more memorable. The location actually turned out to be perfect. It is close enough to town for convenience, but set in the beautiful and peaceful countryside. The Villa provides free shuttle anytime you want to go to town up until 10:00 p.m. They even give you a phone to call them when you want to get picked up. It does not get any better or easier than that for transportation. They drive you in a nice air-conditioned van. The food is great and they will even cook things that you suggest that are not on the menu. The staff makes you feel like family. We all took a group picture when we left and some even had tears in their eyes. The Villas are huge and absolutely beautiful. The grounds are lush, a true paradise. We loved having our own private pool with nice lounge chairs, a gazebo and even float mats and pool toys if you have kids. Everything is spotless. They even wipe off the dew that may gather on the lounge cushions in the morning. The bathrooms are very nice with large walk-in showers. We also loved the convenience of on-site massage that cost only $10 an hour. They cater to all your needs. Even though you have a kitchen, they will make your coffee and bring it to your room in the morning at any time you like at no charge. If you prefer to eat in your Villa rather than the restaurant, they bring it to you. You can also hire a driver from the hotel to take you to see any site you would like to see for about $45 for a 10-hour day. The Villa truly provides anything you can possibly need. We highly recommend saying at the Villa Agung Khalia. We believe it is paradise at a bargain price for what you get. It was so much better not to be in town center where the traffic is horrible and loud. We hope to come back to Bali and the Villa Agung Khalia is the only place we will consider for our return.
Thank you Agung, Yeoman, Guru, Dayu, and Kadek for making our stay so wonderful!
J & K Owens
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Agung Khalia consists of a new 3-bedroom and 6-bedroom villa, each with private pool and panoramic rice field views located 4km (10 minutes) northeast of central Ubud. The villas blend elements of traditional Balinese style and tropical outdoor living. An engineered vent design creates a natural cool environment day and night, with air-con as a back-up for those that prefer. Experience traditional Balinese culture from the comfort of your luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Villa Agung Khalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Agung Khalia Hotel Ubud
- Villa Agung Khalia Ubud, Bali