Komaneka at Bisma's a true gem: It's a true luxury boutique resort. First time stayed with Komaneka, and it won't be our last. We were there to celebrate my father's birthday and the staff went all out to our requests. No problem with communication a couple weeks before our arrival through email: transportation arrangements (as we arrived on different flights and arrival times), birthday cake (thanks for complimentary birthday cake, sincerely appreciated since my request for a large cake was fulfilled) and restaurant bookings.
Was thinking of staying in the villa but decided on the suite instead and we were in awe. The suite is spacious with separate living room area and balcony. We loved the AppleTV (with movies and all genres of music) in the suite. Bathroom is no less spacious than the bedroom with rain shower, classic bathtub and his and her sink. I applaud all little details in the suite: it's a good indication for a well-managed establishment. Complimentary home-made cookies (they refill the jar every day) will satisfy your cravings for something sweet.
There's only one restaurant in the resort with a good selection of Balinese and western delicacies. We had dinner twice and both were good: tasty and fresh. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Great ambiance as the restaurant has the authentic Balinese feel. It made us feel like we're in someone else's house than a restaurant.
There's afternoon tea (complimentary!): good selections of local sweets that changes daily.
My father had spa treatment and he said it's one of his best. The gym is minimal, but adequate for the resort this size.
The pool(s) - One of the best infinity pools I've ever been! But the leisure pool by the spa needed a better care: there were dried leaves, twigs and others floating around the pool. I was wondering maybe because it was a slow season?
It's a bit of a walk from the main street, but a stroll through residential areas surrounded by rice paddies were refreshing!
Booked a half-day toured with the best guide ever. Meaning: no souvenir shops or tourist traps but less-known charming temples (excellent local expertise!)
I stayed at the Chedi at Tanah Gajah previously, and Komaneka will give them run for their money. Same quaint ambiance and atmosphere as the resort's surrounded by green valleys, rice paddies and also a natural river.
We definitely will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali