“Paradise Found!”

Ranked #13 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore
“Paradise Found!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

Komaneka at Bisma's a true gem: It's a true luxury boutique resort. First time stayed with Komaneka, and it won't be our last. We were there to celebrate my father's birthday and the staff went all out to our requests. No problem with communication a couple weeks before our arrival through email: transportation arrangements (as we arrived on different flights and arrival times), birthday cake (thanks for complimentary birthday cake, sincerely appreciated since my request for a large cake was fulfilled) and restaurant bookings.

The Suite
Was thinking of staying in the villa but decided on the suite instead and we were in awe. The suite is spacious with separate living room area and balcony. We loved the AppleTV (with movies and all genres of music) in the suite. Bathroom is no less spacious than the bedroom with rain shower, classic bathtub and his and her sink. I applaud all little details in the suite: it's a good indication for a well-managed establishment. Complimentary home-made cookies (they refill the jar every day) will satisfy your cravings for something sweet.

Restaurant
There's only one restaurant in the resort with a good selection of Balinese and western delicacies. We had dinner twice and both were good: tasty and fresh. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Great ambiance as the restaurant has the authentic Balinese feel. It made us feel like we're in someone else's house than a restaurant.
There's afternoon tea (complimentary!): good selections of local sweets that changes daily.

Facilities
My father had spa treatment and he said it's one of his best. The gym is minimal, but adequate for the resort this size.
The pool(s) - One of the best infinity pools I've ever been! But the leisure pool by the spa needed a better care: there were dried leaves, twigs and others floating around the pool. I was wondering maybe because it was a slow season?

Location
It's a bit of a walk from the main street, but a stroll through residential areas surrounded by rice paddies were refreshing!

Sightseeing
Booked a half-day toured with the best guide ever. Meaning: no souvenir shops or tourist traps but less-known charming temples (excellent local expertise!)

I stayed at the Chedi at Tanah Gajah previously, and Komaneka will give them run for their money. Same quaint ambiance and atmosphere as the resort's surrounded by green valleys, rice paddies and also a natural river.

We definitely will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed just only two nights at Komaneka at Bisma. It was my first visit to Bali, but I was really impressed by the warmest hospitaly of the staff at this hotel. They remembered my name and always called it when I met them. They are really well educationed professional hotel staff. Also I found they are very much proud of working at this hotel. Surely the hotel owner must have a good spirit of Bali, to care for the customers and make us feel so happy by the good atmosphere by these staffs. I wanna come back to this hotel again, someday.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

I travel to Bali quite frequently and I can honestly say the Komaneka at Bisma in Ubud would be the nicested hotel I have ever stayed at.
The rooms were modern, spacious and very clean, all toiletries were provided along with hats, thongs , robes, shoppping basket (I really did not need to take anything), Komaneka had thought of everything.
The staff are outstanding and should be congratulated - Thank You too you all.
The pool is just amazing , along with everything else at this hotel.
I highly recomend you have a one hour massage too at their spa, nothing is more relaxing than laying there having this done listening to the river run by - was so incredible.
The personal touches to the room made our stay even more special - pygama's at night, a bedtime story left on your pillow, along with scattered petals on your bed.
The only one problem with this hotel is that I did not want to leave..... which bought a tear to my eye.
I cannot wait to return..... Komenka at Bisma was an amazing experience.
Again - Congratulations to you all....... :)

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will please you.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank liebens
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

Spend one wonderful week at this property.From the moment of arrival with towels and drink to refresh, we knew we were in the right place for recovery. All services were super. The staff smiling and friendly. We were known by name within 24hours. The suite was large and spotless with everything one could wish for. The pool and gym were wonderful and the restaurant catered for all. Room service was prompt and meals served by candle light on the balcony.Shuttle service could not be better. The ambiance of this place is hard to describe-PEACE.
We will return
Jenny & Noel
Australia

Room Tip: Smile- all rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bungy1
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

one of the best hotel ive ever stayed in. will definitely come back. room has been fully equipped. the environment was nice and peaceful. :)

• Stayed December 2010
Perth Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

I booked into Komaneka at Bisma at short notice to recharge the batteries prior to starting a new job. The stay was everything I hoped it would be - friendly but not intrusive, located in a beautiful setting, but not too far from town and management has paid high attention to detail with regard to rooms, facilities and guest services.
Yes, I agree with other travelers that the food was unremarkable, but that didn't spoil my stay - just ensured I made the effort to eat out every evening.
The hotel spa was expensive by Balinese standards, but the best experience I've had for a long time - sitting in a warm jacuzzi on the edge of the gorge above the Campuhan river after an hour's massage was brilliant.
Staff were sweet and fantastically helpful especially when people were trying to contact me urgently from home.
Yes there's room for slight improvement - beds were very firm by most other hotel standards and WiFi was very slow, so could be a problem if you were there on business.
Don't be put off if you are travelling solo either - I took the heart fashioned from rose petals on the bed as a signal to love and pamper myself, which I did!
I look forward to a return trip in the near future.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

We just finished a week at Komeneka Bisma, in a 2 Bedroom Pool Villa. I can't say enough about how amazing our stay was. The staff knew our names on the first day and did everything they could to ensure we were very well taken care of. First thing is that the walk into Ubud is not bad and takes about 5 - 10 minutes if you choose to not take a shuttle. Its a nice walk especially at night, and they gave us flashlights in case we needed them in the dark. We walked to a fire dance just down the road and it was a pleasure to see people out and we never ever felt unsafe in any way - we never used the shuttle except for one time we walked down monkey forest road and ended up at Komeneka Monkey Forest and they shuttled us back. They seemed to always offer us complimentary services, such as an hour for the wife and I in the spa for massages. You have to see the spa facilities - they are excellent.
Our kids loved our private pool and we had little motivation to get out and go anywhere since we were so pampered. They give you plenty of free bottled water and complimentary bug spray if you need it at night. The breakfast was excellent and they let you mix and match between western foods and indonesian at no charge. Each day from 3:30p to 5p they had tea time in which they would give you complimentary non-aloholic drinks and fruit juices as well as samplings of Indonesian foods and sweets.
The staff was so friendly and personable, it was really rare. They will arrange to babysit for you if you wish. Room service was prompt and professional. At first I was hesitant about staying at Bisma - as opposed to Monkey Forest - but after I arrived I never looked back. They will also arrange tours for you - or you can arrange with local drivers and negotiate your own price, the hotel seemed to be happy with whatever made us happy. I would go again in a heartbeat. In over 30 years of international travel, this was probably the best experience I ever had. In some other places in Ubud we had problems with noise and roosters at 5am, but Bisma was peaceful and quiet with the usual sounds of the forest. We had no problems with insects, ants, lizards etc.
The pool villa was absolutely stunning. Now if only I could retire there ....

Room Tip: Ask for upgrades and comps!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family