Ubud has gotten expensive. The nice villas and hotels bordering the Ayung River or any river for that matter now runs US$300-400 per night. As such we were very pleased with the Agoda deal we got for the Komaneka at US$170-180 per night. Its not the villa but you get a spacious, well appointed room, with an enormous balcony. The setting along Jln Bisma is extremely close to town, yet tucked away in a quiet corner facing a river and its own terraced rice paddy fields.
The issues that we found were that building materials were obviously not the highest end like you would find at the more expensive places - but for US$170-180 per night I could not complain. Service as with most high end Bali establishments was excellent. The pool could have catered to more lounge chairs as there was a fair share of guests who basically stayed in the whole day sun tanning at the pool. The breakfast quality could also be improved significantly - very basic although it sounded good on the menu.
The place had a free shuttle service to anything nearby which was useful. If you visit, do visit the sister property at Monkey Forest to see the contemporary art gallery there, one of the best in Ubud, if not Bali itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali