“perfection”

Komaneka at Bisma
Ranked #12 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
“perfection”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My family stayed 3 nites at Komaneka Bisma in Dec 2013 and were simply awed by the quality of the room, the ambience and the delightfully personal and gracious service of the staff. The smiles were genuine and we really felt sorry to leave the hotel. We will surely return to Ubud and Komaneka. Keep up the good work. You have something to be really proud of in the hospitality business.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I can't express in words how I feel about this hotel, it was fantastic and probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in. It is like stepping into another world where you have no worries or cares in your life, just to relax and chill. Our room was beautiful with a gorgeous balcony where you could sit and listen to the jungle noises at night surrounded by candles. The staff treat you like a member of their family and know your name wherever you go.Just beautiful, love to visit again !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have just completed 4 days at the Komaneka Bisma in Ubud. We were torn by which of the 4 Komankena in Ubud would best fit our needs. I start with...you can't go wrong with any of them. The high level of customer service is evident in all 4 sites ( we visited them all for various reasons). From the minute you arrive you are treated like you are special guests in their home. Every staff member gets to know you, remembers your name and goes out of their way to ensure you have a unique and personalized experience.
The rooms are incredible! While the rooms may differ in size each is more than generous with so many lovely touches. Fast reliable wifi, extremely comfortable bed, large bathrooms with very high end products, fresh cookies and fruit in the room daily. If you think it, they have it in the room- apple tv with dozens of movies, converters, sun hats, mosquito spray, flip flops, pool basket, coffee, tea....
The food was incredible. The breakfasts were large and varied with great coffee, fruits, juices and many made to order options. After a discussion with one of the wait staff one evening about a special dish her family makes for celebrations ( a sweet pumpkin rice dish) I found a sample waiting for me the following morning. Every afternoon there is complementary tea time (which can be taken at any of the 4 locations if you are out and about) which included tea, coffee, juices, small appetizers and many sweet cake options. Dinners were excellent as well.
They have several tours and special activity arrangements that can be made at the hotel. We had a wonderful back roads bike tour and another sites around ubud day tour with Ngakan who is a fabulous guide (excellent English, goes out of his way to show you the real Bali). We also took the cooking class which was beyond any other cooking class we have taken.
So by now you have figured out...I'm a huge Komaneka Fan. I wish I could give the a 10 rating!

Room Tip: We had a suite room which was incredible. Saw smaller rooms that looked very nice as well. Anywhere...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan N
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Komaneka Bisma is one of the best resort my family and I have ever stayed. They scored very highly in every respect. The restaurants, though only 2, provided the best Indonesian food I have ever tasted in Indonesia. Every staff was extremely friendly, though not overwhelmingly so. The view from the lobby and the room was breathtaking. I'll strongly recommend to anyone who visit Ubud to stay here. The surrounds are so lush that you feel that you are in the middle of a jungle. The only downside is that there is no kids club and my daughter was quite bored by the third day.

Stayed December 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This place is away from the main commercial roads in Ubud, yet walking distance to the busiest sector of Ubud if you wish to get there. If walking is not your thing, you may enjoy the hourly free shuttle...
Rooms and facilities are extremely nice, so is the staff.
Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I checked in at the Komaneka at Bisma on 30 November for a four day stay, from arriving the staff have looked after every request with the upmost professionalism. The room I booked is lage with the latest in technology including AppleTV which offered 100's of films, that said I was too busy with my partner exploring the culinary delights of Ubud.

Truly great experience, I would recommend Komaneka resorts to anyone traveling to Ubud.

I would also urge anyone traveling to Bali to spend at least 3 nights in Ubud, I spent one week in Seminyak which was disappointing whereas Ubud exceeded all my expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Komaneka at Bisma for 4 days. We are a couple travelling with a 2 year old and my sister. We stayed at a family suite room - perfect size and the view was just amazing! We loved the pool, the spa was the best ever! Their shuttle service worked very well - good service! We also went mountainbiking 2 times - would have been good if our expectations had been adjusted, as we first expected something a little strenous . it wasent. However, the second trip was tougher, which we like!
All of the staff are really serviceminded and attentive.
The food was also good, not excellent, but good enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family