Komaneka at Bisma
Bisma Eight(Ubud)
US$397
Cancelon
2,070 results
All reviewsapple tvmonkey foreststraw hatsinfinity poolafternoon teashuttle servicehuge balconywalk in closetwelcome homethe riverrice fieldsour honeymoonone bedroom pool villabedtime storyneka museumsuite roomturn down service
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Ubud is well worth visiting; it has its share of tourists but it is worst midday when the tour busses unload people from all over Bali for just an hour or tour of power shopping. If you stay at Komaneka at Bisma you can enjoy the Balinese arts, dances, cafés and restaurants of Ubud during its quieter hours as it is an easy ten minute walk to the city center, and Komaneka runs regular shuttles if you prefer. The Bisma property is delightful, suites are large with a really nice terrace overlooking the rice paddy and river valley. The staff is genuinely pleased to get to know you and deliver great service. With only 40 suites and a dozen larger villas it is a nice size property, with a pleasant walking path down to the river. From your terrace you will hear birds during the day and frogs at night. Beautiful pool and spa area. We thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend.

The Tangayyuda property is about 20 minutes out of town, in a lovely neighborhood, also with shuttle service. The Monkey Forest property is undergoing renovation now, and is in the heart of town.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chicago999
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I love this hotel and the service. I have nothing at all to complain about.
It was clean, the staff was very helpfull and the food was great.They made my honeymoon heaven. We started the day with a wonderful Yoga pass and hade a lovely breakfast.
The staff helped us book motorcykles and restaurants. I love this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I travelled solo to Ubud to take up a course and at the end of it decided to stay at Komaneka at Bisma based on good reviews. I was welcomed very well by the staff that time, I was offered a cold towel and welcome drink (a nice gesture from most places in Bali) and had a little tour of the hotel though it was raining the night I checked in. The breakfast I'm not so impressed but the afternoon tea was great.

One afternoon while I was sitting at the Balcony I was approached by a waitress and offered a drink. Though I declined the offer, she still asked me what room I stayed at. I told her the room and she was somewhat confused or maybe not convinced of my answer. However, beside me was a family from Korea, they were treated nicely. So much better than the way they treated me. It got even worse when I invited my teacher and her young boy to the hotel aiming to have a dinner with me by the hotel restaurant or have a tea but they were refused entry with no explanation whatsoever.

I extended my complain to the manager of the hotel on which apology was asked but to add insult to the injury, he was trying to compensate me with a glass of water. That's not how a five star hotel operate. It's either you offer something nice or nothing at all. An apology from the staff who mistreated me would have been the best.

I was told by the manager that everyone in the hotel should know me by first name as that is their standard procedure (a picture of every guest is distributed to all staff upon check-in, so I was told) but unfortunately for me that was not the case.

I dress up very simply, I do not flash anything expensive but if you are brown, unfortunately in this hotel you need to show them you have money to be treated the same as the ones who have lighter skin. If not, you will be treated as someone who just crashed from outside pretending to be a guest.

I've never felt so discriminated in my entire life. The only person that made me feel at home and treated me kindly is Sastriani at the spa. Very nice lady with a good hand for massage. Definitely a must try!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank iheartt0travel
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights - wife and I had the best hotel experience ever from beginning to end.

I can't say enough about the staff. Extremely professional and friendly. By day 2, most of the staff knew our names and we were always received with a smile. Very helpful in ever possible way.

Pros:
- extremely large/clean living space + bathroom with large balcony (deluxe room)
- awesome views of the forest, rice-fields
- food was great and very reasonable priced. we had breakfast included - great variety with it either at the restaurant or in the room. had dinner there 2x as well - both times excellent.
- apple tv (not a ton of tv channels so have movies to choose from was a nice touch)
- great outdoor swimming pool with nice views (again, very clean)
- shuttle to ubud centre (and they'll drop off and pick you up anywhere that's reasonably close)
- most friendly and helpful staff i have ever encountered

Cons (and this is just nitpicking):
- slow internet
- room could have used a few more lights, a bit dark for my taste.

Definitely 5 star hotel - highly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I travel to many fine hotels and this stands out as especially good, would suit even better for honeymooners or wedding event, the rooms are spacious ,lounge walk in wardrobe , feeling of luxury and detail

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends