Komaneka at Bisma
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bisma Eight(Ubud)
  • Pool
2,062 results
All reviewsapple tvstraw hatsmonkey forestafternoon teainfinity poolhuge balconywalk in closetthe riverwelcome homerice fieldsour honeymoonone bedroom pool villabedtime storyneka museumsuite roomturn down serviceshuttle service
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came here for our honeymoon. We really we were made to feel at home with amazing staff and the warm Balinese experience. This resort was major luxury, everything from the pool to the views and the restaurant.

The hotel is only 15mins walk to the centre of Ubud where you can browse shops, talk to artists, wood carvers and sculptors, nice eateries and cafés, or see Balinese cultural dances. The monkey forest with old temples covered in monkeys is great (don't buy the food for them if you don't want them climbing all over you).

Many side streets in Ubud offer walks into rice fields or ridges overlooking valleys, rivers and rainforest. My favorite was walking out to Sari Organica and watching the fireflies on the ricefields at night while eating dinner.

You can do all this then walk home, plunge in the infinity pool, and then relax all afternoon.

If you want tours ask for Delhi who is a very nice man with great English, and very keen to teach about Balinese culture. He can take you on bike, temple, walking or even volcano trekking tours. Ask at reception for him. The others guides may also be good, but we had Delhi and he was great.

Came home happier for the experience!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexBud2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Spent 4 nights at Komaneka at Bisma with my family in a 2 br family pool villa. We had high expectations of this property based on previous reviews, so comments in this review are based on those expectations.

First impressions were very good, attentive staff, well kept grounds, fantastic view from villa across infinity pool, and nice villa layout. There is a river running in the valley immediately below the property which gives a great sense of tranquility with the sound of running water.

The location on Jalan Bisma, is away from the hustle of central Ubud, but within (sweaty) walking distance or a short (5min) shuttle ride, there are also a number of nice places to eat further along Bisma.

Firstly, a word of warning to anyone considering a Family pool villa in the coming months - there is a construction site right behind the family pool villas, with associated noise throughout the day. This was not mentioned prior to arrival, and no mention was made of it by any staff during our visit. Construction around hotels is inevitable from time to time, and its just unfortunate it was happening while we were there. Probably guests staying in the hotel at the other end of the property would be blissfully unaware of this. Still some recognition of the inconvenience to us would have been nice.

The restaurant service was a little slow (especially breakfast for some reason), but food quality generally good with a wide range of menu options.

There are bicycles to borrow which we enjoyed, and we also took a cycle tour with a hotel staff member. However we felt the tour was missing an opportunity, as there were no planned stops along the way to see/learn about local life/culture & agriculture, just a nice bike ride. We enquired about stops and were told we could stop wherever we like, but some form of proactive guiding would have been appreciated. On request we did get to enter a temple under construction and see carvers at work, which was great.

The shuttle service into town operates on a schedule, so if you don't want to plan you outings around this schedule, expect to walk. There are no taxis available at the hotel, though I'm sure they would call one for you. If you walk a little way down the road it won't be long before someone offers you a ride anyway.

Overall, I'd say we felt Komaneka at Bisma is very good (construction noise aside), but could easily be better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel was just great! The room and the jungle view was just wonderful and staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help you. My flight was late night so I had to check out and then come back to the hotel to spend some time, and the staff treated me just as I was still staying at the hotel for a few nights more. They gave me more drinks, asked if I wanted afternoon tea to be delivered to the lobby, arranged a spa for me in another hotel as Bisma's was already fully booked. Also there was no issue with the location as they had a shuttle bus every hour to the Ubud Center area and was also not so far in a walking distance. I would definitely go back!! I was so sad that I had only one night to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We chose to stay at Komaneka after reading glowing reviews in TripAdvisor - at the time of booking, all 4 of their resorts were actually in the top 6 for Ubud hotels. Initially I was at a loss as to which resort to stay in, but as we were travelling with our two children, and we like to have a private pool villa and 2 separate bedrooms & full bathrooms, we chose the 2 bedroom pool villa at Komaneka Bisma. We actually had the benefit of staying in two of their resorts, because we subsequently moved to the 2 bedroom Bale Daja at Komaneka Tanggayuda for our last two nights. Both resorts are amazing & beautiful in their own unique way.

After reading reviews which talked about the Komaneka family and the benefits of them having four resorts in the Ubud area, I didn't really understand what that meant until we personally experienced it. Staying at one resort means you get to experience the benefits of all, if you so choose. They say that once you stay at one of their resorts, you are part of the "Komaneka family", and whichever resort you go to, you can consider it home. We initially stayed at Bisma for 3 nights, then moved to Tanggayuda for 2 nights, and regularly used the shuttle service to and from their Monkey Forest resort as a base in Ubud town. There is always a hotel shuttle able to drop you within the Ubud area, so the fact that two of the resorts are a little distance from the town centre is never an issue.

The setting of Bisma is simply stunning - the resort itself is incredibly aesthetic, and the tropical jungle backdrop with the constant sound of the flowing river makes you relax instantly. There are meandering pathways which wind their way around the grounds and the outlook over the resort pools or the surrounding countryside from every point was awe inspiring. We met a couple who had stayed at the various Komaneka resorts on 7 separate occasions - they commented that Bisma was their favourite because of the amazing setting which "is instant unwind material" - we couldn't agree more!

Our 2 bedroom villa was beautiful. It consisted of 2 separate pavilions separated by a central courtyard and the pool. One pavilion was single level containing the master suite, and the other pavilion was 2 storey with a huge lounge, dining, kitchen & powder room on the ground floor; whilst the upper floor contained the 2nd bedroom with a large outdoor bathroom. My only critical comments would be that if you have a young family, then you would be better suited opting for a family villa instead (the family villas are 2 storey with both bedrooms within a single pavilion so the children don't feel so separated), and this villa is only appropriate for physically mobile and sober guests - the stairs leading from the villa entrance down to the master suite are extremely steep - you would not want to try them whilst intoxicated! Unfortunately, as may be the case whenever staying in Bali there is a new hotel being constructed next door (construction is less of an issue in Ubud compared to the highly built up areas of Kuta, Legian & Seminyak - but you may still encounter it). As luck would have it, it just so happens that the main construction is situated directly adjacent to the one & only 2 bedroom villa at Bisma. On our first morning we awoke at 8am to the noise of carpentry which was so loud I thought it was on our own villa rooftop. Bisma have actually erected a huge fence which provides excellent visual shielding, however, it doesn't block the noise and this may prove to be an issue for anyone choosing to stay in this villa configuration over the next year. If you have a young family, I would recommend choosing a family villa instead anyway - the floor plan will work better, they are positioned such that construction noise shouldn't be as much of an issue, are more private, and they are cheaper than the 2 bedroom option too. That being said, I would still love to come back and stay in the 2 bedroom villa, but I would wait a year or two until the next door construction is completed.

Our highlight of the Bisma experience was their spa. It is simply the best spa setting we have ever encountered, and we have seen many throughout Asia and around the world. Even my husband who has always been a sceptic was so impressed that he turned my daily treatments into "couples" treatments so he could join in too! The couples treatment rooms are cantilevered over the river with open balconies with comfy lounges and a large spa bath - wonderfully indulgent!! And the therapists are excellent!

The staff at Bisma are AMAZING. We have stayed in fabulous hotel arounds the world with a top level of service, but what Komaneka does is far more than provide good service. The level of personalisation is second to none - from the warm personalised greetings throughout the resort, to the personal menu provided in the villa and at the restaurants advising me which choices would be suitable for my gluten free diet. No detail is overlooked in this stunning resort. More importantly, each greeting or offer of assistance is genuinely and graciously offered. Bisma's Resort Manager, Gengduk, went above & beyond the call of duty to find a solution to a tricky problem of the unacceptable noise levels from the building site next door. All their resorts were close to full occupancy over the Easter break, and as we were travelling with our 2 children and had booked a large villa, the options for relocation were somewhat limited. In what should have been a complete "deal breaker" for which we would have left never to return, Gengduk and his team's gracious hospitality, saved the day and turned adversity into opportunity - they made a huge effort to ensure every other aspect of our stay was perfect and made us feel like truly valued and pampered guests. Ultimately we were moved to the 2 bedroom Bale Daja at Tanggayuda when it became available half way through our stay. And instead, we have vowed to return to both of these wonderful resorts again. We loved the Komaneka experience, and our return visit cannot come soon enough…...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CarKri02
Reviewed 28 April 2014

You definitely get value for money here. Attentive staff, amazing view from a generous sized suite room, and good food and cocktails. At night, the jungle wildlife comes out to sing- truly amazing! Try the cycle tour...we went for two hours with Kasuma on a private tour on mountain bikes through local villages and rice paddies back to Ubud, what an amazing experience. We met happy local villagers, saw amazing scenery and learnt so much from our great tour guide. This hotel has the personal touch.... We are really happy we stayed here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple