Stayed at the Komaneka Bisma from the 8th to the 11th of May with my wife. This would be our second trip to Bali after just a month and we were having a bit of a hard time deciding if we should go back to our last hotel or try something different. After looking through Trip Advisor and reading so many wonderful comments about the Komaneka properties, we decided to not stay in a villa and try a room at Komaneka Bisma.
From the time we arrived at the property, we were greeted warmly by the staff. Mr. Gungdek, who was the resort manager made it a point to greet us personally. I have been to many hotels all around the world, but this would be the first time the resort manager actually came up to welcome us. Kudos, Gungdek! After getting our passports for registration, we were addressed by our names all throughout our stay. That would be one gesture that really touched us!
We were brought to our room, which was a suite (We figured out there are only suites or villas here). We were very impressed! Came to the conclusion that hey, we didn't really need a villa after all. Nice big bed, a sitting area, huge bathroom and a balcony facing their own paddy fields and endless greenery! What a view!
Our rooms were made twice a day. It is very nice, after a long day of walking around town to have your room all made up for the night! They even supplied their version of pajamas for you to slip on. And every night, there was a different bed time story for you to read too!
Breakfast the next day was interesting. We were expecting the standard buffet breakfast, but this was different. A set menu breakfast was given to us. If I remembered correctly there was the Komaneka, the Indonesian, the Balinese, the Healthy and the American. It was a very nice way of putting it through. The plus point is that the breakfast is freshly made when you order it. Great!
To get to town you could either take a short stroll down Jalan Bisma or take the hourly shuttle which was very convenient. If it gets full they will arrange extra cars to transport you to town.
The afternoon tea was wonderful. Usually, lounges or afternoon tea will normally be reserved for guests in a hotel that are staying in club rooms or higher. But here, everyone gets it! Very nice!
Overall, we had a wonderful experience at Komaneka Bisma. From the time we stepped in to the time we left (oh yes, Gungdek was there too when we left!), everything was top notch! I don't remember staying at any 5 star hotels around the world and getting such a memorable experience. Beats all the big hotels names by a mile! Small little touches, like the turndown service and staff remembering your name really made the difference. It goes down to the personal level for me.
To Mr. Gungdek and his team, my wife and I would like to send a heart felt thanks for making our stay extra special!
We would definitely return, very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali