We had an amazing time in Ubud, thanks to everyone in Komaneka Bisma who took care of everything from checking in to seeing us off.
We had our luggage already in the walk-in wardrobe in our room even before we arrived. We were shown the room and facilities earnestly. Our beds were decorated beautifully with flowers even though we were not celebrating any event like anniversary or birthday. A welcome letter was addressed to all of us by name, including my daughter, although she's only 13. She was very happy to be treated like an adult in this manner. Fruits, candies, bottled water and yummy chocolate chip cookies were provided free-flow. Daily afternoon tea in different locations within the hotel on different days was another fantastic touch. Breakfast was healthy, fresh, delicious and a good variety for different diets and preferences. Watching fire-flies from our candle-lit balcony was special. We learned how to make lovely Balinese offerings, carve a wooden turtle and weave pouches for ketupat. The yoga class was very well-conducted and refreshing. Free massage for all three of us was a pleasant surprise on the day we checked out. We had forgotten that our stay came with the massage, but the staff called on our last night to remind us about it and helped to make a booking. As our flight was late at night, we were invited to continue to use the facilities and have our afternoon tea after we had checked out. The staff speak English fluently, are always full of smiles and carry out their duties with pride. We didn't see a bored staff or sense any unhappiness in any of them. With so much attention to details, a lot of work must have gone into planning, hiring, training and staff empowerment.
On the day we departed, there was going to be a special dinner with traditional dance and screening of old Balinese movie. We saw the beautiful decorations, some of them handmade by the staff on the spot with clever use of natural materials abundant in the surrounding. It is a pity we miss the event by a few hours. We hope we have luck to take part in future.
After coming home, we kept counting the ways that Komaneka Bisma made our holiday so wonderful. We will return to Bali just to stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Prestigia, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Destinology and HRS so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali