“Absolutely fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Cheltenham
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were moved here from Komaneka Monkey Forest because there was to be a noisy music festival in the town and we prefer quiet. I did not think this hotel could be equalled but Komaneka at Bisma was superb. The staff were friendly and helpful, the views spectacular, the food excellent - the cook wrote out his recipe for 2 of his dishes for us. Attention to every detail was the watchword. We had our own very private pool. I would be torn between Monkey Forest and Bisma if we return to Ubud.

Room Tip: A room with with your own pool is a wonderful luxury
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My name is Zachary and I am 7. I was 3 years old when I first stayed at Komaneka. I have now stayed at Komaneka 8 times. I love Komaneka because everyone there is very friendly and nice to me. Daddy says they are like family. They have the yummiest cookies I have ever had in our room. I love to go swimming in the swimming pool. The pool is big with green tiles and is by a rice field and there is also a playground which has a babies swimming pool where I go to play with my balloon powered boat. I like to go to the gym and go on the running machiney thing. My mummy and daddy like to go the spa which they say is the best in Ubud. I have a bubble bath with them afterwards and a fruit stick with pineapple, papaya melon and watermelon but I give the pineapple part to mummy. I love the breakfasts because I can choose lots of things and the banana pancakes are the best. It was my 7th birthday last time we stayed there and they made me a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me and also wrote happy birthday Zachary in rose petals on my bed and made me a special hat made out of flax. I wish I could live there all the time but I would miss my dog too much, that's all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank placibo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel completely surpassed expectations. I'm so glad I was too late to book the hotel I had originally planned on, as we found a great deal on this hotel and it ended up being a highlight of the trip. The location is beyond brilliant - far out enough to feel like you are in the country, but close enough to walk into the main streets of town. The grounds are immaculate - be sure to have a wander as it backs onto the river. Make sure you have a treatment as the spa rooms are divine. The staff are so attentive, welcoming and personable and the rooms are perfectly sized. The restaurant is good - portion sizes aren't huge, but fresh and tasty. Breakfasts are great, but the coffee.....avoid, but that's pretty much in all of Ubud! The pool is seriously as good as you see in the photos. We loved our stay here and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MiriamK123
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after running into some problems with other hotels in Ubud.(musty/mold issues) We found this place and after reading all the reviews decided to book it. I am so glad we got to stay at this beautiful hotel. The view from the balcony over looking the rice terrace was amazing ! I especially enjoyed the giant bathtub and soaking in the bath salts they provided. The nightgowns and bathrobes were so soft and made us feel so at home! Breakfast was outstanding with choices for all tastes and diets. They provide a shuttle down to the city center and we actually walked back a few times because it's such an enjoyable walk. The fitness facility is up to date and over looks the infinity pool. Clean, welcoming and beautiful!

Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at the Komaneka Bisma with my family in June 2014. We had the most wonderful experience at this hotel. As many other reviewers have mentioned, the staff at this hotel truly make you feel like you're at your home away from home. Service is outstanding! Every employee is extremely friendly, welcoming, and always anticipating your needs.

The hotel is very close to the Ubud town center where there are tons of cute restaurants and shops. The hotel provides a regular shuttle to and from the town (which is also a 10 minute walk).

The location of the hotel is BEAUTIFUL! Set in the jungle along with its very own rice terrace on site and two stunning pools. Very quiet hotel...mostly honeymooners due to its ultra romantic atmosphere. However, it was still lovely for a family holiday as we were all adults wanting pure relaxation.

I highly recommend getting a spa treatment as the spa facility is very nicely done and situated by the river (all treatment rooms are open air and facing the river with a very peaceful waterfall. All spa treatments are very reasonably priced...so it's definitely worth getting 1 or 2.

The food at the Komaneka is wonderful! They have one restaurant on site which serves breakfast lunch and dinner. Their menu offers balinese, indonesian, and international cuisine. Excellent quality, taste, and presentation. My personal favorite was the breakfast....they have everything you could possibly want in small portions so you can try several things.

The rooms are absolutely lovely and very well appointed. You can find almost any toiletry you could possibly desire provided in the room. Delicious fruit (definitely try the snake skin fruit!) cookies and water consistently provided. I stayed in the regular king suite with my sister and it was perfect. Stunning terrace with loungers, beautiful views of the jungle and the sound of tropical birds chirping. I also loved that the hotel provides its own organic insect repellent which comes in handy!

Overall, LOVED this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for 5 star service, luxury, relaxation, and serenity at a very reasonable price.

Thank you so much to the lovely staff who made us feel like family! :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Negeenp
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our stay for 2 days in Komaneka Bisma and 1 night in Komaneka Monkey Forest) is an experience that will always be memorized.

The impressive experience is that the personalized services for each their guest. How did they handle the complaints (when our stay at Komaneka Monkey Forest) and also in giving special attention or service to every guest. Personally, I feel their sincerity.

Appreciate for all the personal service provided to us. Thanks a lot, Komaneka team...God bless you all!

Room Tip: Stay at Bisma and Tanggayuda Komaneka if you want a quiet atmosphere; but if you want easy access (w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had an amazing time in Ubud, thanks to everyone in Komaneka Bisma who took care of everything from checking in to seeing us off.

We had our luggage already in the walk-in wardrobe in our room even before we arrived. We were shown the room and facilities earnestly. Our beds were decorated beautifully with flowers even though we were not celebrating any event like anniversary or birthday. A welcome letter was addressed to all of us by name, including my daughter, although she's only 13. She was very happy to be treated like an adult in this manner. Fruits, candies, bottled water and yummy chocolate chip cookies were provided free-flow. Daily afternoon tea in different locations within the hotel on different days was another fantastic touch. Breakfast was healthy, fresh, delicious and a good variety for different diets and preferences. Watching fire-flies from our candle-lit balcony was special. We learned how to make lovely Balinese offerings, carve a wooden turtle and weave pouches for ketupat. The yoga class was very well-conducted and refreshing. Free massage for all three of us was a pleasant surprise on the day we checked out. We had forgotten that our stay came with the massage, but the staff called on our last night to remind us about it and helped to make a booking. As our flight was late at night, we were invited to continue to use the facilities and have our afternoon tea after we had checked out. The staff speak English fluently, are always full of smiles and carry out their duties with pride. We didn't see a bored staff or sense any unhappiness in any of them. With so much attention to details, a lot of work must have gone into planning, hiring, training and staff empowerment.

On the day we departed, there was going to be a special dinner with traditional dance and screening of old Balinese movie. We saw the beautiful decorations, some of them handmade by the staff on the spot with clever use of natural materials abundant in the surrounding. It is a pity we miss the event by a few hours. We hope we have luck to take part in future.

After coming home, we kept counting the ways that Komaneka Bisma made our holiday so wonderful. We will return to Bali just to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family