The Komaneka at Bisma is perfect. Everything is perfect: the art, the staff, the location, the view, the art (again), the rooms, and the attention to detail. While I have stayed at a lot of small luxury hotels (most of which were very enjoyable), I have never used the word “perfect.” I always see people, places, and most of all spaces as having room for improvement. The Komaneka at Bisma is extraordinary.
Although there are many positive reviews of this hotel, the reviews fail to mention what makes the Komaneka at Bisma (and the Komaneka hotels more generally) unique. Prior to opening hotels, the Komenka family ran an art gallery (which is still open at the monkey forest location). The gallery focuses on Balinese art (predominately wood carving and painting). In many ways, the hotels have become extensions of the gallery. The hotels (except perhaps Komaneka at Rasa Sayang) all showcase breathtaking art.
Ubud is the cultural center of Bali. People come here for a cultural experience. Komaneka makes the hotels a part of the experience in a way I have not seen anywhere else in the world. I cannot emphasize enough what a unique opportunity this is. Although this analogy is obviously overblown, imagine being able to stay at a hotel run and designed by Paul Guillaume in Paris in the 1920s. Besides showcasing phenomenal art, his hotel would likely capture the cultural pulse of the city in a way no other hotel could. The Komaneka hotels are the Balinese equivalent.
After staying at the Komaneka at Bisma, I cannot imagine coming Bali and not staying at a Komaneka. While Bali has beautiful (although mostly overcrowded) beaches, the culture and people are what make Bali unique. The Komaneka at Bisma captures that with subtle elegance and enjoyable luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali