“Paradise Found”
Review of Komaneka at Bisma

Komaneka at Bisma
Ranked #19 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 28 January 2010

From the flower filled tub on arrival, to the smallest detail at breakfast, the Komaneka at Bisma surely is an unknown gem and the best of the best hotels in this part of Bali. The staff is friendly, attentive and caring, and the rooms are incredible. The magnificent vistas make this a perfect "get away from it all" place.

• Stayed: May 2009
There are newer reviews for Komaneka at Bisma

Reviewed 27 January 2010

We had a wonderful stay in the recently opened Komaneka Bisma. The hotel is located in lush greenery with the suite rooms looking at an amazing view of rainforest with rice paddies and beautifully designed adult and childen pools next to each other at the bottom. You feel you are in the mids of the rainforest and yet a 5 mins drive takes you to central Ubud and all the shops. You can also easily walk to central Ubud but the staff is extremely helpful and the free shuttle service is absolutely great.

The rooms are stunning with all the modern comforts of apple TV, huge bathroom and all the details carefully thought of ( daily fresh fruit, straw hats for strolls, even night gowns to mention some of the touches). The staff were thoroughly amazing. We went with our two little daugthers who were constantly entertained by friendly staff.

We liked the place so much that we cut short our stay in the next destination to stay one last night at the resort before our departure from Bali.

Highly recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2010

My stay in Ubud was nothing less than wonderful at the Komaneka at Bisma. The service was outstanding and my room was elegant and relaxing. While there I enjoyed the food, the entertainment, and the spa facilities offered at the hotel. The attention to detail was outstanding.

Early one morning while I was a guest, I lost a screw in my eye glasses and the lens fell out of the frame. I was panicked! Before breakfast, I explained my problem to the concierge. My glasses were promptly taken to an optical shop and returned to me by the time I finished breakfast. I was so impressed.

I traveled to Indonesia with a friend. We have coauthored a book on quilting and textiles since returning. We decided to draw from our vast array of photographs to use in the book and realized that we would need releases from some individuals in Bali. We contacted Mr. Swabawa at the hotel and he was more than willing to contact the individuals to secure the releases that we needed. We could not have done this without his help. His willingness to continue to assist even former guests of his hotel has been amazing.

I look forward to staying at the Komaneka at Bisma again and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Bali.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I can't imagine a hotel that is more elegantly perfect than Komaneka at Bisma. My stay there was wonderful in every way.....the location and scenery are breathtaking, our room captured an elegant sophistication, the pools and facilities were excellent....and the personal service and attention to every detail was amazing.

The warm, helpful attitude of everyone at the hotel was truly memorable....one of my most significant memories of Bali. From the flower petals in our room, the turning down of our bed each night with new bedtime reading material, to the cheerful greetings the staff who always remembered our names....it was just perfect!

In fact, this personal assistance and helpful, generous attitude of the staff continued even after I had returned home. My friend and I, who was also on the trip there, were writing a book inspired by the beauty of Bali and needed help with details and documentation. We contacted hotel manager, Mr. K. Swabawa, via email and he most generously helped us by sending out hotel staff to pick up paperwork, faxing, emailing, and going above and beyond our expectations in helping us. This was typical of the type of kind service we received every day of our stay there.

I highly recommend Komaneka at Bisma to anyone visiting Ubud for a truly unique and memorable stay.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 25 January 2010

My family and i have previously stayed twice at the Komaneka Monkey Forest, and this was our first time at the Bisma. Every aspect of this superb property exceeded our expectations!
The staff have obviously benefited from the training and mentoring provided by the Resort Manager - K.Swabawa.
Immediately you arrive at the Hotel you are made to feel like very special guests, something that is lacking at the "Brand name" hotels. All the staff seem to know your name and take great pride in addressing you by it. The rooms (we stayed in 2 Bisma suite rooms) are elegant, spacious, spotlessly clean and well thought out.
The hotel has just appointed a new Food & Beverage Manager - Mr. Bagus Antara and after numerous conversations with him i know that he will develop the restaurant to a level where the guest will opt to have dinner in the Hotel as opposed to heading into Ubud in search of one.
We have already decided to return again next January and plan to stay for 14 nights (this time we stayed for 10).
If you are looking for a place to call home in Ubud as well as being made to feel part of the Komaneka family then no look no further - this place is truly a gem and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JAMESSydneyAustralia
Reviewed 22 January 2010

If you are even considering this hotel, just book it. It's worth every penny. We've stayed at a lot of really nice hotels all over the world, and this is one of the best we've ever been to. (In fact, I can't believe that anyone could review this hotel as anything other than excellent.) In particular, the staff is SO genuinely pleasant. The food is top-notch. The views are fabulous, and the pools are amazing. Also, if you are actually the kind of person who likes to swim REAL laps (ie, you're a swimmer), the lap pool is unbeatable. 33 metres long and in perfect condition. A nice short walk into town (or shuttles provided by the hotel). Gorgeous decor, amazingly well designed layouts, both for the overall hotel as well as the individual rooms (why aren't ALL hotel rooms laid out this way?) Trust me -- these people have thought of EVERYTHING and will do anything to make sure you enjoy your stay. We will be very sad to leave this place and we will recommend it to everyone I know who is traveling to Ubud.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmandcm
Reviewed 11 January 2010

From start to finish, this was the best hotel imaginable! Every detail to make the stay fantastic has been thought of and attended to. The hotel is visually stunning - with unbelievable views and tasteful interior styling. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The pool area is beautiful. The restaurant food was delicious - really no need to eat outside of the hotel. The daily afternoon tea was a real treat. The service was the best we have ever experienced. Actually it was beyond 'service' - it was as though we were special guests in someones home! Of course the staff were all polite and attentive - but they went beyond this with their genuine warmth and hospitality. Honestly, this place is very special and we are so grateful to have experienced it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family