I really enjoyed my stay at the Komaneka Bisma. When booking I knew that the rooms would be new and modern, but I didn't realize how BIG they would be. The room was thoughtfully laid out with a huge bathroom (way bigger than my NYC apartment!) that included a very large separate shower, bathtub and a luggage/walk-in closet. I really appreciated the closet.
I think what makes this such a great hotel are all of the little extras. From the indoor and outdoor slippers, nightgowns, and jar of very tasty cookies, and free wi-fi, there are so many things provided that really enhance your stay.
The staff is very friendly and everyone greeted us; a few even called us by name, which is something that I am not used to. The staff was helpful at all times.
The hotel is located on Jalan Bisma, one north-south block over from Jalan Monkey Forest, but honestly you would never know. The setting of hotel itself is in an absolutely beautiful location built into a valley. While you are there definitely walk around the grounds and just admire the property. It should be noted that the Jalan Bisma is not necessarily an easy road to walk on as many parts of it are unpaved. Having the hotel shuttle really helped. Even though it's technically on a schedule, if the car was there, we were able to use it immediately.
The breakfasts were quite good and extremely filling, although if you are there for an extended period of time there is only so much choice. We also ate dinner at the hotel as the Komaneka was our first hotel in Bali on arrival. The dinner was very good and for a hotel meal was not overly pricey.
I was actually quite surprised at how expensive the spa is. The massages are from $95-$120 USD, which is what I would pay for a maasage at a nice day spa here in NYC. That being said, I passed through the spa area and peeked into the treatment rooms and they looked very nice, new and modern.
In all, this a is great hotel in the heart of Ubud and well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali