After spending 3 nights at the Ubud Hanging Gardens and becoming tired of the mildew smell which permeated our room, the AC which didn't work so well, and the small creatures in our room at night keeping us awake, we decided to check out 1 day early and find a new hotel. After searching trip advisor I found Komaneka at Bisma. Although I was concerned that the hotel was right in the middle of town upon arrival any concern that i had disappeared. The grounds were lovely with views of rice paddies and it is a short walk to the main road where there are tons of restaurants and shopping. Komaneka also provides a free shuttle service to town, breakfast and free wi-fi- as most hotels offer here in Bali. Very few hotels in the United States offer free wi-fi so this is a nice change. The staff at Komaneka was very kind and helpful. We reserved a pool villa which was just stunning. The hotel is only a few years old so everything was new, large villa, beautiful bathrooms with double sinks, lots of storage space, separate bathtub, shower, outdoor shower, large outdoor living area, part of it covered - with a large bed and kitchenette and also 2 nice lounge chairs in the sun by the pool, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was quiet and cool all during the night. Our view was of the trees and was just beautiful. In 2007 we stayed at the Aman property in Bali and I would have to say that this property definitely rivals the Aman and is at least half the price. My husband had a massage and enjoyed it very much. There is only 1 restaurant on property in which we had tea and breakfast only- both were great. They keep the doors to the gym open so unless you are used to the humid weather it was a bit difficult to get through a workout. I would suggest this hotel to everyone. It is beautiful, comfortable, and definitely a luxury property with stellar service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Bisma Located in the heart of Ubud, The Resort allows you to make the most of your extraordinary luxury stay. Combines with breathtaking spaces and hospitality to create grand moment to makes you feels at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Bisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Bisma Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Bisma Ubud, Bali