See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for nearly 3 weeks.
I found the room delightful and spotlessly clean.

My room was close to reception which meant I was closer to the music school. So I was occasionally treated to people practising the gamelan as I sat on my Veranda in the evening.

Breakfast was served on my veranda. The staff were very helpful and even at one point loaned me a helmet so I could go out with my friend on her motorbike.

The location meant that I was within easy reach of a myriad of shops and the access gang route met the main monkey forest road right opposite Cafe Wayan. This was very helpful when I was feeling particularly lazy.

The pool area looks out across the Paddy fields and was particularly bright and calm.

The staff were unobtrusively helpful and constantly keeping the place, clean, and the gardens tended.

They also helped me to access Day trips.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We were in Koka room, on the 11 bungalows it's the one with the (wooden, like everywhere) balcony on rice fields and swimming pool, nice enough and perfect staff, located just next to Ubud Monkey Forest, we had two very enjoyable two days!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016

The location of this small guest house is down a narrow (and beautiful) alleyway pretty much in the center of Ubud. It was just wide enough to drive my motor scooter down into it and park at Ubud Lestari Bungalows.

We had reserved a room via Agoda (via TripAdvisor.com) and it was the closest one on the ground floor to the outdoor check-in desk. The room's mildew (or mold) smell was really strong and one possible reason for that might have been that several places on the wall next to the bed had paint peeling off the wall.

To me, ridding the room of the STRONG mildew/mold smell with a cleaning of the walls and a repainting of them would have caused me to write a more favorable review.

The breakfast, as other reviewers have commented, was pretty basic and cooked in an outdoor kitchen nearby to the outdoor check-in desk. The kitchen didn't look all that clean to me but allowances have to be made.

Another distracting thing about it is that the Bungalows is wedged into a residential neighborhood so if real peace and quiet is what you crave, you'll hear the kids playing, the TVs and so on.

Finally, Ubud is mighty popular and the Bungalows does really well on TripAdvisor. The staff, while a bit helpful, didn't extend themselves maybe because they have a good business and competing with good customer service (which I've had elsewhere in Bali) isn't a priority.

The room's smell was enough for me to nix this place.

You should too.

Room Tip: If your reserved room has a moldy/mildewy smell and they haven't sold out for the night, get one that doesn't smell badly.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
ubud-lestari, オーナー at Ubud Lestari Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Thank you for me to stay Ubud Lestari Bungalows.
the room of JEPUN was just maintenance. But the bath side of the wall of the living room is had to repair, such as took part mold might the ventilation was not enough.
In the future I want to be careful in the ventilation in reference to your opinion.
It also conveyed to staff your opinions. Thank you for your valuable opinion.
Please also try our other room if you have the opportunity also.
You can also specifies your room if you can direct your reservation.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

This peaceful haven surrounded by rice terraces is less than a 2 minute walk to the center of Ubuds busiest street but you wouldn't know it! No road noise and a beautiful relaxing infinity pool right underneath our balcony made this the perfect stay. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Wow! This place exceeded our expectations. A little oasis in the middle of Monkey Forest Road ! Quiet, wonderful paddy field views, gorgeous setting, lovely rooms, big breakfasts and a fab and helpful team of staff. We would come back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family