“Haven in Ubud”
Review of Villa Pantulan

Villa Pantulan
Ranked #146 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 11 August 2012

A group of 7 friends spent one week in Villla Pantulan in July. The villa itself is special- huge living areas with individual areas to enable one to get away from the crowd. The villa sits facing rice paddies and it was fascinating to watch the daily harvest whilst we were there. Rooms and bathrooms are all well appointed.
The staff were lovely (see photos) and made our stay that extra bit special. We had a cooking lesson from the girls , Made & Wayan with help from Eka and this was lots of fun. The food was plentiful and of high quality and we had most evening meals there.
For those of you who are light sleepers, beware that the villa is in the countryside next to a village which has a plethora of roosters. We would suggest that light sleepers choose a ground floor room or take ear plugs!!
The only other slight disappointment for us was the fact that walking intoi Ubud was impossible as the road was narrow, busy and it would have been dangerous to walk. To counter this, we had the use of a very nice driver, Piel who was always punctual.
We visited the restuarnt, Mozaic, for a third time and were not disappointed- expensive for Bali but not for Australia and such high quality food ,setting and service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Forrests

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My wife and I got married at Villa Pantulan in early July 2012. It was a beautiful experience which was made all the more special due to the spectacular venue and the professionalism and pleasant nature of all the staff who work there. The ceremony went off without a hitch and my wife and I often heard people marvel at the amount of work we must have done to prepare everything. The truth is that we had to do very little other than have a couple of meetings with Eka (who does an excellent job as manager of the villa) to let him know what we were thinking about. It was so easy! The staff did all the catering and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was excellent - attentive yet unobtrusive.

My wife and I stayed in the master bedroom which sits pride of place in the villa overlooking gorgeous rice paddies. Her immediate family stayed in the 4 other rooms which are all lovely. You really can't go wrong here because there isn't a dud room amongst them. They all have their own particular charm. The rooms all have private outdoor bathrooms and everything is kept in perfect order by the staff. All beds have 'Kingcoil' pillow-top mattresses which I can assure you is a rarity in Indonesia. I only wish that there was more room to accommodate my own family during the wedding but it wasn't a huge problem as there are some reasonable (though slightly less salubrious) accommodation options within walking distance within Lodtunduh.

Pantulan means 'reflection' in Bahasa Indonesian. It is such an appropriate name for this villa because the magic of this place is a true reflection of the dedication and professionalism of Eka and his staff. Bravo!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bush_Curlew
Reviewed 13 July 2012

10 of us stayed here for a short 3 days as our final leg of our Bali trip (we were in Kuta before that). Villa Pantulan was the perfect getaway from the traffic madness and the hustle and bustle of Kuta. The villa is very well designed and maintained. From the pool overlooking the paddy fields, the big open spaces that made up the dining and living room, the dedicated massage pavilion, to the comfortable bedrooms with open-air bathrooms, Villa Pantulan was absolutely gorgeous.

Another reason why our stay was fantastic was the very warm and hospitable service staff of the villa. We were treated like royalty from the moment we checked-in right up to the moment we checked-out. 2 of the staff that I particularly remember were Eka and Wayan. They're great guys, very very helpful and very friendly.

And by the way, if you happen to stay in Villa Pantulan, order a massage. I had a traditional massage session and a lulur session the day after. Both were fantastic.

In short, Villa Pantulan made our departure from Bali a very very hard thing to do. Wished I could stay longer. Will definitely try to make it back there again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ming Jie M
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed here for 8 days and I wish I could stay longer! Every staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is always amazing. They're always there day and night to accommodate our needs. Every inch of the villa is very well designed and clean. I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Shenaniganizer
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Our family of 10 adults and 3 children(2 infants) just returned from a week in Ubud at Villa Pantulan.
The Villa was enchanting,luxurious and beautiful. The food was tasty and plentiful. The staff were excellent including helping with the babies when we needed it. The celebrations(2 birthdays) were done with great enthusiasm and artistry and the decor was so beautiful and romantic we are still talking about the time the staff spent to get the atmosphere just right.
The only minor issue was the water. More plastic bottles in the rubbish in Ubud is NOT what we want. .
We would love to come back and we are already thinking of dates for next year !!!!
I

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lionel6448
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We are a family of 4 with two teenagers(age 17 & 15) and have just come back from the trip of a lifetime. We stayed 4 nights in the Villa Panulan and had the good fortune to have the place all to ourselves. We loved that is was a little way out of town in the village as it was extremely peaceful but close enough to go into town when you wanted. We spend Nyepi in Ubud and couldn't have been in a better place for "Silent Day" . Those of you who don't know what Nyepi is let me tell you. It is Balianese New Years and the following day you are not allowed to go outside of your home/hotel. Every thing is shut down from the airport to the television stations. We were in heaven as we relaxed by the pristine pool, read a book and just watched the birds in the rice field from the pool deck. Villa Pantulan is out of this world with the most comfortable beds , outdoor bathrooms and beautiful manicured grounds. What we fell in love with through was the staff! We cannot say enough about Eka Agus not to mention Marie, Kyloon (sorry , I know I have probably spelt your names wrong) who cooked our amazing breakfasts, Karma, Wayan ,and Phil (our safe driver) along with the others who I know I will spell their names wrong so I won't try. Eka went beyond his duties and took us out on a guided tour of the "true Bali" when we all rented scooters for the day. It was by far the best day we had on the whole trip! We saw places and people we would never have found by ourselves and we even had lunch in this breathtaking restaurant off the beaten path. We have memories that will last a life time and I hope a friendship that will also endure. The kindness and genuine goodness of the staff made us feel so relaxed , special, welcome and inspired. If you have a chance to stay in this amazing villa , you must treat yourselves to this wonderful oasis. It will be the best part of your trip to beautiful Bali I promise you!

from your friends in Canada , Melanie, Randy , Taylor and Emily

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Melanie1963_12
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We rented the entire Villa with friends while in Ubud for a friend's wedding. The service was outstanding and the staff wonderful. This is a beautifully designed space, minutes away from Ubud with gorgeous views. One of the most beautiful places I have stayed. Ideal to rent with family or a group of friends. A true oasis that exemplifies the genius of Balinese hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends