“Amazing - a real hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Villa Pantulan
Ranked #138 of 192 Hotels in Ubud
Carlisle
“Amazing - a real hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed at the Pantulan for a long weekend from Singapore. To be honest, we didn't really know what to expect but we were amazed when we got there. The setting and villa itself for very serene and away from the hussle and bussle of central Ubud. We were the only ones there at the time and the staff couldn't have done more for us. They drove us in and out of town, provided with DVDs for the cinema room and cooked a special romantic meal for us by the pool, overlooking the paddy fields. We would definitely highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katherine23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

We were invited to stay at Villa Pantulan with a few friends and it was absolutely amazing. The grounds are superb with reflecting pools and nature integrated into the living areas for a feeling that is completely peaceful. The views overlooking the rice fields give you that quintessential Bali experience. It is the perfect distance from Ubud to provide quiet surroundings, but close enough that you can get into town for shopping and a nice dinner with little effort. The staff is there to make your stay as comfortable as possible. As an added bonus they are happy to answer questions about the Bali culture and include you in local ceremonies and events. You can have it all here, quiet relaxing vacation and true cultural experiences.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank walruswerks
Nyon, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Villa Pantulan is truly a gem. It captures much of the essence of Balinese architecture and integrates it seamlessly with five star western standards. Life at Pantulan is exotic with an amazing view over the rice terraces, a beautiful pool and outdoor bathrooms. The staff are great. They are dedicated and friendly and the chef is great. She responds well to dietary restrictions and makes a variety of Indonesian and western dishes at request.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank brianatee
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Shouldn't really be writing this review as we would like to keep the place a perfect secret. It is more of a private five bedroom (all with outdoor bathrooms) luxury villa than a hotel. We had this wonderful villa and equally wonderful staff mostly to ourselves for 5 days. The villa is home to a New York based couple for some of the year and has now been made available to others when not in use by the owners. This magnificent villa is set amongst Lod Tonduh village and ricefields some 5km south of Ubud and you could be a million miles from anywhere, an idealic relaxing hidewaway. We spent most days relaxing by the pool, walking or being pampered by the satff. Made the chef was brilliant and the meals sumptuos and generous. The rooms are very comfortable with outdoor area's to lose yourself around the villa.
Can't express enough how good all the staff were, they were a real delight, always looking to be of service but never hovering about. The Manager spent time with us and took us on a mornings walk through the ricefields of Ubud, this was in his own time and was a great outing. Pantulan is great for couples and small groups 8-10 max wanting something out of the ordinary, to see the real Bali. It reminded us very much of our earlier trips to Bali in the late 70's and 80's, unspoilt, friendly and completely relaxing. the

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SteveTAustralia
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

Two of my friends/colleagues initially found this place for us to live for six weeks in Bali. It was a little more than I was hoping to spend but they couldn't stop talking about how wonderful it was. Once I arrived I knew that I would have paid much, much more for the experience at Villa Pantulan.

My six weeks at Pantulan were overwhelmingly the best that I had in Bali. I've stayed at several places since then and they haven't come close to the value for luxury that I found there. I was able to work (my job is internet based) very well and live like a rockstar. If I ever design my own home it'll hopefully emulate the experience that I had at Pantulan. I've been working/traveling on the road for 6+ years now and this is by far my favorite place that I've ever called "home".

The staff was A++. Budi, the property manager, took care of any need we could think of at any time. Our internet connection (a necessity for our work) was the best I've experience in Bali (even compared to the internet cafes). Our cook made us the most amazing meals that I've had on any regular basis for a fraction of what we would have paid outside the house.

My favorite thing: the private waterfall in my bathroom. Decadence at it's best :)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nomadjim
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

Villa Pantulan will truly be an experience I'll never forget. My friends and I all feel blessed that we had the opportunity to enjoy it. The space and landscaping there makes you feel as if you're in your own world. Everything is just beautiful..the reflecting pool, the poi ponds and waterfalls, the Buddha garden, the living areas, the rooms, the washrooms...it all feels very balanced and peaceful.

Besides the space itself, the staff there add to the richness of the experience. They were always attentive but not intrusive. Always smiling and willing to engage in conversation. Made, the chef, prepared delicious meals for us according to our schedule and was a delight to be around. Budi, the property manager was top-notch. His english was excellent and he always did his best to accommodate our needs...and we had many!
If you want to have a truly memorable holiday and be taken care of by a wonderful, friendly staff, I highly recommend Villa Pantulan. The only downside is that you'll never want to leave!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank ctastic
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

I fell in love with this villa the moment I laid my eyes on it! Upon opening the front gate you are transported into a world of bliss and beauty. It's truly breathtaking. The grounds are impeccable with well kept gardens and water features in every corner (even a waterfall in the bathroom.)

Onto my fave part: The swimming pool! It's long (great for laps) and perfect temperature (other pools in Ubud have seemed too hot to feel refreshing.) I loved taking night time swims, looking up at the stars and listening to faint gamelan music drift across the ricefields. The bale next to the pool was lovely for an afternoon nap or morning yoga.

Although it is open-air architecture the bedrooms are spread apart and feel very private. The views from the upstairs rooms (temple garden and lotus) are gorgeous and the sliding glass doors make it even more dramatic. I'm a very picky sleeper, and these beds were perfect.

The property itself is quite magical but it's really the staff that made the difference. I woke up to beautiful food and fresh coffee every morning from Made, the cheerful cook. I always felt safe going to sleep at night, knowing that Wayan or Nyoman were on security, walking the grounds. Piel made driving through Bali less stressful and always had a sweet smile for us. On several occasions, he even lent the men in my group his personal temple clothing so they could participate in Galungan festivities. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, but not intrusive. I really enjoyed all of them. And then there is Budi, the villa manager. I can't give him enough praise. He always went the extra mile for us, and delivered on everything he offered.

I feel so fortunate to have stayed at this property for 6 weeks and highly recommend it, I know I want to come back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple