We went to this park (not hotel) as part of a day package with another company. I would not have been happy to pay the entry fee otherwise - what a rip off!! I felt so uneasy the whole time, felt like I was about to fall out of the carriage on top. The handler was constantly kicking the elephant to make him move and when he went to eat some leaves he was hurt with a big metal hook near his eye. I told the handler it was ok for him to eat which was just brushed off. We witnessed a baby elephant chained up and he was obviously distressed rocking side to side and making strange sounds. What a life!! I couldn't wait to leave there and will not return. Don't go there, yes it's a novelty riding an elephant, but at what cost?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bali’s “Most Unique Hotel" & Winner of the 2016 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Best Eco Lodge. Ideal for animal & nature lovers, guests staying at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge arise to the sights & sounds of gentle giants set among lush botanical gardens & jungle. Get up close & personal with Bali's largest herd of 31 Sumatran elephants at the island's premiere interactive & intimate elephant experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elephant Safari Park & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Safari Park Hotel Ubud
- Elephant Safari Park And Lodge
- Elephant Safari Park & Lodge Ubud, Bali