I understand people's opinions about the chaining of the elephants and I didn't like the pick hammer looking thing the guides held in their hand although I never say any of them use it. What justified all this in my mind is that these elephants were rescued form a horrible fate and from what I saw they are well fed and cared for.
We were picked up from Seminyak and it was a long 2 hour drive during which I questioned my decision to visit the park but upon arrival quickly changed my mind. We chose the night safari which includes a buffet dinner and we were met at the gate by our guide and from then on nothing was too much trouble. The park is so quiet and peaceful and you really feel like you are out in the jungle.
A big plus for us was the accessibility of the park as my son is in a wheelchair. There were ramps everywhere and we didn't have to negotiate one step which was a first for us in Bali. The guides directed us to a quieter elephant for my son to feed and also a special elephant for him to ride. My 2 other teenagers loved it all as well.
My only very small quibble would be that perhaps the offer of a drink would be helpful after the long trip and the price we paid but drinks were available to purchase.
We didn't stay the night but wish we had as it took 1.5 hours to get back to Seminyak which meant we were home at 10pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bali’s “Most Unique Hotel" & Winner of the 2016 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Best Eco Lodge. Ideal for animal & nature lovers, guests staying at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge arise to the sights & sounds of gentle giants set among lush botanical gardens & jungle. Get up close & personal with Bali's largest herd of 31 Sumatran elephants at the island's premiere interactive & intimate elephant experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Elephant Safari Park & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Safari Park And Lodge
- Elephant Safari Park Hotel Ubud
- Elephant Safari Park & Lodge Ubud, Bali