“Brilliant!”

Elephant Safari Park & Lodge
Ranked #22 of 571 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

From Service all the way to decor of the rooms, this place was brilliant.

Service was upheld with efficiency and great friendliness!

Can not fault anything about this place!

The 'hands on' activities were brilliant with all the elephants.
(If anyone complains about the eleohants being mistreated, please disregard them. These elephants are very well looked after like children!)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I have ridden and interacted with elephants in Asia and Africa, but this was by far the best experience we have had. That being said, the hotel staff was not very friendly or warm as we had found at our hotel in Ubud. The rooms were clean and adequate, the beds were hard as rocks and the food was nothing to brag about, but that was not what we were there for. I must say the talent show was 5 minutes long and certainly not as in depth as the ones we had seen in Thailand. And the prices in the gift shop.......off the charts. But the up close and personal experience we had with the elephants was fantastic. I love to view animals, but am petrified of having them in my personal space. The handlers sensed my fears, and were so kind and patient with me, encouraging me to sit on the elephant's knee and have my photo taken with them. Loved the safari through the surrounding farmland, and the elephant chauffeur to dinner, but the morning activities were the most exciting. At about 7:00 am, we were able to brush and hose down the elephants. Then, we were given the opportunity to ride the elephants bareback into the lagoon. If you want to do this, go in your bathing suit because you will get wet. I conquered my fears and was able to have a once in a lifetime experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you take one which includes the elephant chauffeur to dinner.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights during July. We had particularly travelled to Bali to experience this unique holiday and although the reviews I read online were fantastic.... This place still exceeded my expectations! Everything was beyond perfect! The staff were tremendous and I am happy to say as an experienced traveller and one who works in the hospitality industry myself, I have never received better service than here! The accommodation was beautiful, the grounds, restaurant, facilities and activities were amazing and so enjoyable!! The food was delicious and the way the elephants were handled and well cared for made me very happy! I would definitely recommend the elephant safari lodge to everyone. Words cannot describe how impressed we were!
Thank you for an amazing holiday! We hope to come again!!!
Jen

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Clontarf
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Word of mouth sells this place. We went because we were told about it and how fantastic it was. To be able to interact with these magnificent creatures, by way of washing them, swimming with them and going on mini safaris is beyond one's comprehension, until you have been there. The fact they have been rescued from Sumatra and have the same keeper-mahout for their life span is a credit to this incredible operation. As for the accommodation side of things, it's impossible to fault. You can stay in rooms that overlook the compound that houses the Elephants, which is fantastic. We stayed in a room overlooking the rice paddies which was equally good. The restaurant is exceptional as are all staff you come into contact with.
We stayed there 5 nights and not once did we have a grievance of any sort. Mind blowing sums it up.

Room Tip: If your concerned about the smell of Elephant excrement, choose a Rice paddy Room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul C
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Like other reviewers, I had reservations about this adventure...do we exploit these elephants for our own selfish joy? But I wanted my 9 year old daughter to see these amazing creatures. And I chose to believe the park's mission (they rescue these elephants from Sumatra, where man has destroyed their habitat, and our dollars to visit them help those rescue efforts). We did ride the elephants, but honestly - we enjoyed feeding them and touching them much more than the ride. And there are plenty of opportunities for you to get up close and personal with the elephants. The park is clean and beautiful. I saw no signs of mistreatment of the animals. Yes, you will see some chained to their pad, but how else would they keep the elephants from wondering off?

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Maryborough, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had a great experience here, everyone was happy and helpful. The Elephants where great, loved the swim with them in the morning. My Husband and I went a lone this time but will have to go back with our kids as they would have loved it to. An experience to remember.

Porirua, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Lodge accommodation was beautiful, restaurant excellent. But the elephants were insanely fantastic! We got to ride, swim, feed and wash these beautiful creatures - far more time with the elephants than I ever expected. The elephants seem well cared for and if they have to be in captivity, this park is a great place for them.

Room Tip: We had a garden view room. If we went back, we would spend the extra to get a park view room - they...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel