Overpriced and overrated
We came to Ubud Bungalows with great expectation after having read all the positive reviews. I will try to be as objective as I can in order to justify the poor score I gave:
1. Staff at reception very kind and helpful;
2. Very nice garden and exterior of bungalows;
3. Centrally located in Monkeys Road;
4. Clean room (but the sheets had stains);
5. Good wi-fi internet connection;
6. Small but pleasent swimming pool area;
7. Nice terrace with chairs and table.
1. A/C room (where we stayed), poorly furnished, not even a small table to put our staff (one was given to us when we asked);
2. Very basic toilet with shower;
3. The room was infested with very minute ants, especiallt near the sink area.
4. Breakfast very poor with choice given only every other day. The juices tasted like water.
5. We paid IDR 650000 for A/C room per night. The rooms without A/C look better and cost less.
6. Similar hotels nearby cost IDR 400000 per night.
This hotel is a backpackers hotel slightly polished and cleaner. Generally Bali is overpriced and overvalued compared to the rest of South East Asia and I fail to see why. Ubud Bangalows is not an exception to this rule.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your Ubud Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Bungalow Hotel Ubud
- Ubud Bungalow Bali